• 5(current)
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer
Nice work Tiben! This has potential to become part of xmbc (for windows)! I tried it your latest build and it worked like a charm, without problems.

I only have an issue when I use FFDshow in conjuction with AVIsynth, it just crashes. The AviSynth script I am trying to use it generates more frames than the input (24fps to 60fps). Maybe there's a conflict with the renderer that XBMC uses? Is there a maybe a possible solution to this?
Nektarios Wrote:Nice work Tiben! This has potential to become part of XBMC (for windows)! I tried it your latest build and it worked like a charm, without problems.

I only have an issue when I use FFDshow in conjuction with AVIsynth, it just crashes. The AviSynth script I am trying to use it generates more frames than the input (24fps to 60fps). Maybe there's a conflict with the renderer that XBMC uses? Is there a maybe a possible solution to this?
ill note this to my todo list.
Its the kind of stuff you need to test to fix them and the last time i used avisynth script was like 4 years ago.
thank you for the hints.
Nstream Wrote:I install last build - XBMCSetup-Rev0f7bcc3-dx on
Windows Server 2003 for Small Business (WHS) OS Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790

When I run program XBMC.exe - Unable To Locate Component
"This application has failed to start because MFPlat.DLL was not found. Re-installing ..."

After I place mfplat.dll in windows\system32 directory I have message
"The procedure entry point swscanf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

Please, tell me what can I do
win 2003 directshow support is almost like using windows xp.
Mfplat is a media foundation dll i will of course fix that bug but there no point right now to use it with win server 2003 before i add vmr9 support
Great work tiben!!!!

Its possible to implement the two lines (green&red) from dsplayer to control judder?
Nektarios Wrote:Nice work Tiben! This has potential to become part of XBMC (for windows)! I tried it your latest build and it worked like a charm, without problems.

i also use ffdshow with avisynth frame interpolation scripts, nice if this will be fixed Smile
King kong movie at 60fps is just GGREAT!...(the fight scene with t-rexes.)
is it possible to use normal ac3 and dts bitsream/spdif ?
Cause i cant figure out how to get this working.
There's some old ffdshow audio test code left in the xbmc audio renderer that's stopping passthrough from working correctly. Sit tight, tiben's on the case!
thats good news,video playback was fine with all media so far.
In Dharma the wmv playback sucks because DVDPlayer can't forward the files. It's not the fault of XBMC i know. The mplayer support of wmv is broken for a long time.

So i installed your amazing branch but most of my wmv files couldn't played too.
I installed the latest ffdshow and left all settings default.

Do you have any ideas?
Xbmc doesn't use mplayer...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
you are right. the xbox port use a mplayer core.
ok. but any thoughts about my issue with wmv files and dscodec?

how can i check ffdshow uses the right filter for the file ?
_Andy_ Wrote:you are right. the xbox port use a mplayer core.
ok. but any thoughts about my issue with wmv files and dscodec?

how can i check ffdshow uses the right filter for the file ?
dsplayer had an amazing handling of wmv because we were able to use the microsoft asf parser. Unfortunately the dvdplayer demuxer is used for this branch so getting them to work will be a pain in the ass as usual. But i recently found the problem in dvdplayer for seeking in wmv files. The problem as been fixed in xbmc trunk for almost 1 month if i remember.
The only way we would get a perfect streaming would be to write an internal demuxer for the dvdplayer with the microsoft asf parser. But actually their a problem with the microsoft license about that library that make it illegal to use in a open source project so even if i write it i won't be able to add it.
i've seen some interesting changes in DSCodec branch. i'd love to play with a new build (if you guys can build one, i'll appreciate it)

@tiben20: how is your branch, up-to-date with trunk, or you plan to synchronize it from time to time? i ask that because there are some interesting changes in trunk also. Thanks!
sergiocos Wrote:i've seen some interesting changes in DSCodec branch. i'd love to play with a new build (if you guys can build one, i'll appreciate it)

@tiben20: how is your branch, up-to-date with trunk, or you plan to synchronize it from time to time? i ask that because there are some interesting changes in trunk also. Thanks!
When i got some time to do it i will update the code. I'm not a beast with git so it's a bit longer for me to do it. I would be able to work much more on the branch if i wasn't working 6 days on 7. Even today was my day off and i got a call because they needed me. So this week i worked 6.5 days on 7
Can we expect to get maybe AC3 and DTS Bitstreaming working in one of the next releases?
Even if it doenst handle the HD Codecs this would be great.
Thx anyway!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer5