• 3(current)
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer
Good afternoon. Tell me please how to enable the use of DSCodec? Now download the latest build from this page and when you play in the statistics shows that used ff-dxva2.
You need to have either ffdshow or MPCVideoDec registered on your system - see the first post.
ffdshow and MPCVideoDec already registered but XBMC use internal ffmpeg decoders.
If that is the case then a debug log should be provided.
hey lordmerlin,

if you take xbmc out of full screen into a window, do you see the ffdshow tray icons? you might need to unregister mpc vid codec.

also, maybe post a debug log and screen shot of the player stats (press O).

cheers
Hi tiben, i am a newbie of XBMC that i find very interesting and look nice as Front edn. The problem is that with some video the player integrated with XBMC cause many artifacts and graphic glitches, especially with mpg (such as video converted for PS3) or some mkv. So i have installed your last build, but it doesn't work for me. The video start normally with ffdshow activated in the tray, but there isn't any audio and on the video appears the warning that is impossible to load the render audio. All the video had audio AC3 or DTS 5.1. Can you give me some help?

Thanks and good work
Hey Benjopa,

There's a possible bug(s) in the audio renderer, left over from when tiben was doing test work on directshow audio (ffdshow audio). That will come in the future, however for now tiben needs to revert some changes he made in the audio renderer. That should then return xbmc audio back it's normal behaviour.

Having said that, it would be good to post a debug log.

Cheers
tiben20 Wrote:I been working on seeking and some stuff related with a/v sync. In the previous build i was able to get the best performance from every single version regarding the handling of fast forward and seeking but for this price you had higher cpu usage which is not really common for people who don't have a core i7 with 8gb of ram like i do. mpeg-ts containers with many different codecs to be sure they were working with my directshow pipeline. And right now every m2ts i have work so if you find one that don't work a sample would be required so i can fix it in my code.

how big a file do you want? I've got a couple of M2TS files that have AVC+AC3 streams at 1080p that seem to be struggling (bad A/V sync and jerky video). One improves if I remux into MKV. I'm running Win7 x64 and the latest AMD driver for my 5450 MXM vid card. FFDSHOW seems good and CPU/VCPU usage seems nice and low.

Windows 7 native player seems to play everything smooth as glass.

Some of my video is converted from VC1 to AVC to allow PS3 to playback as a file. These steams seem much better for playback when compared to AVC streams that were simply remuxed into M2TS.
Just waiting for the audio revert before trying a new build. It's just the subbing issues, and whether network controls work that prevent me switching over once this has been done, now the CPU usage and stuttery playback are resolved.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
which version of ffdshow is recommended ?
nladas Wrote:which version of ffdshow is recommended ?

Any recent version should work. Grab the latest from... http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ffdshow-tryouts-...t-x86-x64/

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:hey lordmerlin,
if you take xbmc out of full screen into a window, do you see the ffdshow tray icons? you might need to unregister mpc vid codec.
also, maybe post a debug log and screen shot of the player stats (press O).
cheers

Here are screenshots of the version and the playback window. As you can see the built-in decoder.
And a screenshot Grafstudio.

LOG
http://rghost.ru/4600019
hi everybody

does the audio analog output compares to dts-hd in dts-hd tracks?Is it bitstreaming?

thanks
Analogue audio I believe decodes within xbmc and sends as LPCM to the receiver. Bitstreaming is achieved using passthrough and HDMI.

At this stage neither xbmc natively, nor this branch is able to bitstream the HD Audio Codecs.
I understand that ... what i was trying to ask is if the audio quality is the same either way

thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer5