• 13(current)
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer
Mandarynek Wrote:Nope. When I turn off sync playback to display nothing changes. I tested the settings on another pc and XVID is also not smooth. Should I use ffdshow to decode audio?

I have the same issue x264 is now smooth and xvid SD etc is choppy.
The obvius sollution is to disable anything but H264 in ffdshow, allthough I would like to use ffdshow to decode xvid too.
Are both dscodec and audioengine going to be merged into the main trunk, or will we be stuck with 2 builds ala dsplayer?
Is there a way to get audio to be handled by "ffdshow audio decoder"?

I can confirm that ffdshow is working properly with XMBC by switching it to "windowed" mode and seeing that "ffdshow video decoder" is in the system tray. Howeve, the "ffdshow audio decoder" icon isn't there next to it like it normally would be when I watch a video using Media Player Classic.

I've tried messing with the audio settings in XMBC's system menu, but no luck.
s3verian Wrote:Are both dscodec and audioengine going to be merged into the main trunk, or will we be stuck with 2 builds ala dsplayer?

They will both eventually be merged into trunk, however when depends on how their development goes.

Cheers
ventaak Wrote:Is there a way to get audio to be handled by "ffdshow audio decoder"?

I can confirm that ffdshow is working properly with XBMC by switching it to "windowed" mode and seeing that "ffdshow video decoder" is in the system tray. Howeve, the "ffdshow audio decoder" icon isn't there next to it like it normally would be when I watch a video using Media Player Classic.

I've tried messing with the audio settings in XBMC's system menu, but no luck.

Sooner or later, yes! However the audio side of dscodec development is progressing slower than the video side.

Cheers
Hello all,

After having much succes with my blu ray DVDS and HD homevideos using DSPLAYER, I know have some questions regarding regular DVD/MPEG2 480 movies. If anybody is experiencing the same, let me know :

1) Yesterday I 'ripped' my first DVD. I'm trying to put my collection in XBMC. I made an MKV file from a regular non-anamorphic DVD (480). First thing I noticed when playing in XBMC (or WMplayer) on my HD ready 720 TV or Laptop with 1600*900 widescreen resolution was that, when going into fullscreen, the movies does not fill the whole screen. In XBMC I have to use the ZOOM mode to fill the whole screen. Is that normal? Is this because todays TVs and hardware use a way higher res then DVDs 10 years ago? I don't have this when playing the DVD on my regular DVD player, nor when playing on a pc with a screen of 1280 * 1028. This was a bit of a weird experience for me.
2) Most importantly, I'm unable to run this MKV file using DSPLAYER and ffdshow. DVDPLAYER works flawlessly. When using DSPLAYER, the movie starts, the sound is there but the screen stays black. I can play HD MKVs flawlesly in DSPLAYER. Anybody any idea what I'm doing wrong? I fiddled a bit with FFDSHOW options, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you all in advance.
Grave
st graveyard Wrote:Hello all,

After having much succes with my blu ray DVDS and HD homevideos using DSPLAYER, I know have some questions regarding regular DVD/MPEG2 480 movies. If anybody is experiencing the same, let me know :

1) Yesterday I 'ripped' my first DVD. I'm trying to put my collection in XBMC. I made an MKV file from a regular non-anamorphic DVD (480). First thing I noticed when playing in XBMC (or WMplayer) on my HD ready 720 TV or Laptop with 1600*900 widescreen resolution was that, when going into fullscreen, the movies does not fill the whole screen. In XBMC I have to use the ZOOM mode to fill the whole screen. Is that normal? Is this because todays TVs and hardware use a way higher res then DVDs 10 years ago? I don't have this when playing the DVD on my regular DVD player, nor when playing on a pc with a screen of 1280 * 1028. This was a bit of a weird experience for me.
2) Most importantly, I'm unable to run this MKV file using DSPLAYER and ffdshow. DVDPLAYER works flawlessly. When using DSPLAYER, the movie starts, the sound is there but the screen stays black. I can play HD MKVs flawlesly in DSPLAYER. Anybody any idea what I'm doing wrong? I fiddled a bit with FFDSHOW options, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you all in advance.
Grave

There could be dozens of problems that noone can possibly help you with since you didn't give *any* pertinent information about how you 'ripped' the dvd. Could just be bad settings in your rip.

The simplest thing to do is to rip a dvd to .mkv without any recompression using MakeMKV (google it, the first link is what you want). It basically just remuxes the MPEG2 and AC3 streams into a MKV container with all the correct settings, guess work completely eliminated.

If you have problems playing those back, then there's something further amiss with your XBMC setup that you can look further into.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

PS: 1280 * 1028 is a very odd resolution - HDTV standard resolutions are 1280x720 or 1366x768 or 1920x1080. Anything else is likely to cause scaling and aspect ratio problems.
therealjoeblow Wrote:There could be dozens of problems that noone can possibly help you with since you didn't give *any* pertinent information about how you 'ripped' the dvd. Could just be bad settings in your rip.

The simplest thing to do is to rip a dvd to .mkv without any recompression using MakeMKV (google it, the first link is what you want). It basically just remuxes the MPEG2 and AC3 streams into a MKV container with all the correct settings, guess work completely eliminated.

If you have problems playing those back, then there's something further amiss with your XBMC setup that you can look further into.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

PS: 1280 * 1028 is a very odd resolution - HDTV standard resolutions are 1280x720 or 1366x768 or 1920x1080. Anything else is likely to cause scaling and aspect ratio problems.

Hey Joe,

I ripped them all using MakeMKV.
The resolution I was referring to was an pre-widescreen pc screen resolution, but never mind that.
I have been fiddeling with the options in FFDSHOW and now I can not run anything anymore with DSPLAYER.
Man, I really really hate this ... It's all so complex and frustrating Sad
Hey all,

Currently, I have my MTS high def files back running at full speed using DSPLAYER. My MKVs of blu ray rips I have now running at a whopping 8 frames a second (they used to run very smooth), and my regular DVD rips in MKV format just make XBMC crash. I would like to start with fixing the blu ray rip MKV's.

Can somebody perhaps tell me how they have the MKV configured in mediasconfig.xml?
I currently have it like this :

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />

I also tried the MKVsplitter and MKVsource. Videofilter I tried mpcvideodec and ffdvideodec, but no difference (very slow speed). When pressing the 'O' key during playback I clearly see the other filters are used.

I have HAALI, FFDSHOW installed. Currently have an intel I5. Don't know what to do anymore.

any help really appreciated.

Thanks,
Maarten
Hi,

thank you very much for the graet work. I wanted to compile a release for testing but after 2 days i give up. I did exactly what found here (of course with the Reposotory of Tiben).

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ource_code

Everything ssems to work the compiling in Visual Studio worked until the last pagacke then I got this error:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3484...r.log.html

Does somebody here have an idea or can upload a windows installer?

Thanks and Regards

A
st graveyard Wrote:Hey all,

Currently, I have my MTS high def files back running at full speed using DSPLAYER. My MKVs of blu ray rips I have now running at a whopping 8 frames a second (they used to run very smooth), and my regular DVD rips in MKV format just make XBMC crash. I would like to start with fixing the blu ray rip MKV's.

Can somebody perhaps tell me how they have the MKV configured in mediasconfig.xml?
I currently have it like this :

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />

I also tried the MKVsplitter and MKVsource. Videofilter I tried mpcvideodec and ffdvideodec, but no difference (very slow speed). When pressing the 'O' key during playback I clearly see the other filters are used.

I have HAALI, FFDSHOW installed. Currently have an intel I5. Don't know what to do anymore.

any help really appreciated.

Thanks,
Maarten

Hi st graveyard,

Can't help but notice that you keep refering to DSPlayer. Also that you are refering to mediasconfig.xml and setup stuff that relates to DSPlayer.

Just in case you didn't know, DSPlayer is no longer being developed or supported... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355

This project is DSCodec, and this thread is for it's development. I'm not sure you'll get much support for DSPlayer! You might be better of opening a new thread in the Windows support sub-forum.

Cheers Wink
Hey tiben,

Hope you are well and not working too hard in the real world.

I compiled ok in debug however had 1 failure when compiling in release. I've pm'd you the info.

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey tiben,

Hope you are well and not working too hard in the real world.

I compiled ok in debug however had 1 failure when compiling in release. I've pm'd you the info.

Cheers
yeah i am alright. I been working outside for the pass few weeks on my free time. I didn't spend a lot of time in front of my computer sorry for the delay in the progress of this project.
tiben20 Wrote:sorry for the delay in the progress of this project.

No need to be sorry! We're all entitled to sit in the sun once in a while! Wink

I'll sit tight until the project becomes more active again. Looking forward to it... i'll help out all i can.

Cheers mate
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi st graveyard,

Can't help but notice that you keep refering to DSPlayer. Also that you are refering to mediasconfig.xml and setup stuff that relates to DSPlayer.

Just in case you didn't know, DSPlayer is no longer being developed or supported... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355

This project is DSCodec, and this thread is for it's development. I'm not sure you'll get much support for DSPlayer! You might be better of opening a new thread in the Windows support sub-forum.

Cheers Wink

Thanks for the reply Liquid. Maybe I need to switch to a DSCODEC build, I'm just afraid nothing will work anymore.
currently I have the DSPLAYER version running all my video formats again (finally). Although I'm only using it for my high def MTS files. My DVD and Blu Ray rips don't run as smooth in dsplayer as they run in dvdplayer Sad
I will delve a bit deeper into the DSCODEC world soon.
I'm also trying to upscale my DVDs using FFDSHOW (there is a tutorial around here) without much success, so if you have experience in this department (or anyone else), if you have hints or tips on which version is best for me, any help at all, it is much appreciated Wink
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer5