Red vs blue
is their a script where you can stream halo red vs blue video's? i remember reading somthign about this but i can't remember where i saw it if thers not an existing script i think it would be pretty cool.
is there a place to download ones from somewhere other than http://www.redvsblue.com/archive/?

the only reason i ask is that this only goes back so far.

i'll start on this, unless someone knows of an existing script.

here's what i'm thinking feature wise:

-parse the site and show a list of available episodes
-play the file
-allow the user to download the file to the xbox
-allow the user to specify the format of video to use

anyone think of anything i've missed?
that would be awesome..perfect
so i've got a (very) rough version up and running but i ran into a vew problems, no matter what video format i've used.

divx - i don't think this will stream (when i tried it i got very unwanted results of weird noises and no video at all)
wmv - choppy when streaming, froze machine when i tried to stop it
quicktime - choppy when streaming, pretty big to wait for the download, but worked fine when downloaded.

i still have to try downloading and playing the divx files, but that will be another day. another thing that i've just remembered is that i don't have anywhere to host beta versions for people to test, so if anyone can host a zip file for me, let me know.

i think what i'm going to do is set it up to read the list of available episodeds from both the net and from the local disk. once i have that working (and the downloads going to the correct place) i'll start on a script that can be added to autoexec.py and will automatically download new episodes in the background. if anyone has any other ideas, i'd love to hear them.

one more thing, if there are any budding graphic artists out there who would like to come up with an icon for this thing (currently i'm just using background.png from projectmayhemii), drop me a line

thanks,
barranger
thanks for spending you time on it sounds like it's going to come out great
just wondering how this script is coming. please let us know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red vs blue0