How to show the weather on the home page?
hey fellas.

First of all Thanks for XBMC!

I would like to know if you guys can make the old Project Mayhern III theme as a sub-theme in XBMC (with function old/new sub-theme).

I don't know for sure if it was you guys who made the wheater symbols at the top, or if they were added to XBMC by T3CH team, but i really loved them(and still loveBig Grin), when i wake up, first thing i do is turn my xbox on, and then i just look at wheather symbols and temperature at the top of the xbmc, im very used to that, and turning my xbox on make my starting day a little better(Thanks to you guys for the XBMC). I could see the weather in my pc, and it stays on all the night long, but even though its on, there isint time to lose when the day is starting and you are in a rush, so i just see it in my xbox with a press of a button. I don't know why you guys taken out the weather symbols in the latest releases(we have to enter in the weather tab, while in the old version, they just appear everytime at the top).

old project mayhern III:

New project mayhern III:

I would love if you guys could make a theme, like the old one, but with weather symbols not hiding the date(monday...), and add the scripts button like the new one to the old one.

I'm not saying for you guys to just include the old version, im saying to make it as a sub-theme, because i still have the old version, and i use it, the problem is that when using it, lots of options disappear, because the old theme doesn't have all the options of the latest theme releases.

IN CASE THAT IS TOO MUCH WORK:

Then please can you guys simply add the weather symbols at the top of the xbmc, just like in old Project Mayhern III theme, and with a option (in the weather options) to activate or deactivate the weather symbols.

Ps: sorry for bad english, by the way, i compiled your latest XBMC source for xbox, but triggers weren't working for me, anyway it is probably because of my xbox, or i compiled wrong, or because of my XDk, anyway i will be waiting for T3CH compiled versions of your XBMCWink, simply because they add codec's and stuff better than me!
Keep Cool
The weather shows when you highlight the weather button.

And PM3 never looked like that. If you saw the weather there then somebody hacked (butchered) the skin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

guily6669 Wrote:hey fellas.

Then please can you guys simply add the weather symbols at the top of the xbmc, just like in old Project Mayhern III theme,

It's easy to do yourself:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=How_to_show_..._home_page
snoxbox Wrote:It's easy to do yourself:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=How_to_show_..._home_page

OMG Thanks so much, i will try later when i have timeCool

And anyway thanks "jmarshall" for just posting anything you are the dev. and we don't see everyday dev's postingWink. Oh and thanks for the info, if that isin't originally in PM3, then it was probably T3CH who changed it.
Keep Cool
Sry for double post!

Hey i tried that, but i couldn't make it to work, i copy pasted everything to the end of the control list, in the home file, but XBMC, just opens normally without the weather icons...
Keep Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to show the weather on the home page?0