The Orbs, a skin by KoTiX
sorry slight off topic what do you use to convert avitogif?
gif construction set pro, also remember that gifs background need to be set to "restore to background"
good luck Smile
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
some improvements:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
hi kotix - looks really promissing - just one smal tip: dont over-do the bewel on the xbmc logo - i`d try either none or a slight pillow emboss Wink

oh and btw - your idea with the covers works out much better in your own skin - well done

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi chokey, tnx for the tip :p
your help is always wellcome :bowdown: :thumbsup:
all i can say... sweet.

...rare eh? :d
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
hereis a provvisory link for download:
here left click.
if anybody download it please have the courtesy to give me a feedback.
hey kotix,

i was just telling my friend the other day how nice it would be if xbmc played preview movies for games and other programs. it seems that you have discovered the next big thing - animated pictures.

so far your skin looks good, the only qualms i have with it are in aforementioned gifs. unlike other animations such as the one used for xlink and the background of project mayhem, your animated pictures are blatantly repetitive in that they don't loop well. sure, initially, i must admit that it was quite thrilling to see my personal favorites halo ii and matrix captured in mini clips, but this excitement quickly turns into disappointment and leaves me wanting more.

this is not to say that you should no longer use animated pictures in your skin, but instead modify the said animations so that they are as smooth and convincing as other examples seem to be.

a bit off topic, is there a way to assign an animation picture to each game? right now it changes depending on the selection you made at the main menu (my programs, my files, my pictures, etc.), is there a way for instance to play your halo clip when halo 2 is highlighted in the games page?

another idea - has anyone here ever played rise of nations for the pc? those of you who have, can perhaps remember the main menu screen. it had a gameplay movie that was lightened or darkened to mix with the background. it was a really nice effect, perhaps something of that nature can be introduced in your skin or your future creations. doing so might hide the fact that the picture is looping forever.

overall, your skin looks promising. i can't wait for the finished product.
tnx for the reply giorgioh, the gifs i have used are just the first i could find around and  i can change them whenever i want. they are looping now but i guess one loop will be fine.
btw the biggest problem with gifs animations is the memory load, the very first gifs i made up were smooth and longer in time but i had only 8 megs free and when i try to play a movie in overlay xbmc hangs.
ok now the skin is far to be complete but i have demonstrate that gifs can be used without loss of memory.
Quote:a bit off topic, is there a way to assign an animation picture to each game?  right now it changes depending on the selection you made at the main menu (my programs, my files, my pictures, etc.), is there a way for instance to play your halo clip when halo 2 is highlighted in the games page?
noway.
Quote:another idea - has anyone here ever played rise of nations for the pc?  those of you who have, can perhaps remember the main menu screen.  it had a gameplay movie that was lightened or darkened to mix with the background.  it was a really nice effect, perhaps something of that nature can be introduced in your skin or your future creations.  doing so might hide the fact that the picture is looping forever.
give me a link or send it to [email="marcotix@libero.it"]marcotix@libero.it[/email], i'll surely use it in anyway.

cheers for now. :d
hi kotix

nice work, dvd case looks fine with your skin
cya

modhack
xbmc.fr

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

here some new shots with the new color:
i personaly like to old one better.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
naaa... new one :kickass: old one to bright... this is slick!
kotix - you need me to upload any new versions? if so, email me new one and i'll upload.
i'll try tomorrow to upload it after i finish up some small things, i can'y upload it on xbox-skins i'll email it to you.
cheers. :thumbsup:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Orbs, a skin by KoTiX0