IDEA: Better Container.Content/Foldername
jmarshall Wrote:Where do you think "files" should apply?

ATM we set it to empty everywhere in the files node that does not have content set.

I'm not sure what advantage setting it to "files" has, unless you're using it elsewhere as well?

Cheers,
Jonathan

i'm trying to create different views for the root of the videolibrary and file nodes with no content set.

i don't think there's currently a way to do this, using Container.Content() as a visible condition.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ah, so you want Container.Content(files) to apply to the "Files" listing, and everything below that that doesn't otherwise have content set?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Ah, so you want Container.Content(files) to apply to the "Files" listing, and everything below that that doesn't otherwise have content set?

not exactly i think. imo Container.Content(Files) should only apply to sources with no content set.
so it should not apply to root/overview listings.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sure - root/overview isn't files lists. What I meant is if I have a particular share without any content set, if I go into that share and down 5 folders, it should still be Content(files), right?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Sure - root/overview isn't files lists. What I meant is if I have a particular share without any content set, if I go into that share and down 5 folders, it should still be Content(files), right?

Cheers,
Jonathan

correct ;-)
Unless set other wise in the sub folders I would say that files is anything that's not set to to something else
jmarshall Wrote:Sure - root/overview isn't files lists. What I meant is if I have a particular share without any content set, if I go into that share and down 5 folders, it should still be Content(files), right?

Cheers,
Jonathan
files is done in 39e74fd

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:files is done in 39e74fd

Cheers,
Jonathan

thanx jm, a brief test on my end shows that content is set to files
for root / (some of the) overview listings too.

edit:
imo these three have container.content() incorrectly set to files:
- video library root
- files node overview listing
- playlists node overview listing
Depending on how you get to the library overview root, that could be the case, yes (videodb:// vs "")

What do you want them set to? Nothing? "playlists" ? "library" ?

Also, I've started work on Container.FolderName - available in my github.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Depending on how you get to the library overview root, that could be the case, yes (videodb:// vs "")

What do you want them set to? Nothing? "playlists" ? "library" ?

ultimately, this list you proposed would be preferable,
but for now 'Nothing' will do.

jmarshall Wrote:Also, I've started work on Container.FolderName - available in my github.

will have a look see. :-)
In git:1d845da (19-03), Container.Foldername is set to the db's category

So in directors for example it's set to 5

Is that supposed to happen? Is Container.Foldername even necessary in library sections?
Jeroen Wrote:In git:1d845da (19-03), Container.Foldername is set to the db's category

So in directors for example it's set to 5

Is that supposed to happen?

that's how it currently behaves.
proposed changes are in jm's git repo:
https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/tree...foldername

Jeroen Wrote:Is Container.Foldername even necessary in library sections?

check: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10313
Cheers Ronie. I think I got it, I'll see if I can get that to build and test out.
Container.Foldername is in master as at 903c0fd.

Will try and get to Container.Content at some point - lots to do, so little time!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Question - when running an add-on does it return the add-on parent folder (ie Video Add-ons) or the add-on folder (ie plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite)?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IDEA: Better Container.Content/Foldername0