XBMC 10 black screen
Question 
It's not starting and there is also a message box I can't get to. I *gusess* it simply displays the error from log:
16:30:33 T:5424 M:252628992 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system
Full log here: http://pastebin.com/zCWu5dva

I have Toshiba M200, Pentium M 1.8, 1.5GB RAM, plenty of HDD and GeForce FX Go5200 with 32/64MB (not even sure - I like only old games anyway). Please, please, please don't tell me I need more memory in graphics card!Huh! Or newer graphics card (for that matter)?!?

Will I have to stick with XBMC v9?!?
Try to use a lower resolution on your screen...1400x1050 might be a little bit too high...what about your driver? using the latest one?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Gucek Wrote:It's not starting and there is also a message box I can't get to. I *gusess* it simply displays the error from log:
16:30:33 T:5424 M:252628992 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system
Full log here: http://pastebin.com/zCWu5dva

I have Toshiba M200, Pentium M 1.8, 1.5GB RAM, plenty of HDD and GeForce FX Go5200 with 32/64MB (not even sure - I like only old games anyway). Please, please, please don't tell me I need more memory in graphics card!Huh! Or newer graphics card (for that matter)?!?

Will I have to stick with XBMC v9?!?

Well 1440 x 1050 x 32Bit = 5.6 MByte
Dont think thats a memory issue. I also stick more to the driver side.
Did u try different settings in the graphic card driver?
Update Driver.

Did u try force windowed mode:

<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>false</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>
Drivers are the newest one existing officially for this hardware and I never had any problems with it (and I mean: in *games*).
I switched resolution to lower one (making mess on my desk) Wink ..and it worked. But what's *much* more strange - switching back to higher resolution works now!
After one successful run - it works as expected without a glitch: switching back and forth to window/ full screen and resizing the window... Hmm...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10 black screen0