[WINDOWS] add-ons will not download [debug log posted]
Hello, I'm fairly new to XBMC for windows...

I'm running Dharma and I cannot get add-ons to download from the add-on manager. It simply sits at "Downloading 0%" indefinitely. The computer is hooked up to the internet and it works just fine.

I've also tried installing with zip from inside XBMC and those fail every time.

Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting? Windows firewall preventing access? or maybe my router?

Any help would be appreciated!
Turn on debug logging (System settings, System, Debugging) then attempt to install an add-on (either from web or from zip or both), close XBMC and post %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log on pastebin.com and post a link to it here.

A quick way to open the log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

and click OK.

JR
Thanks for the help!

So once in a while an addon or a skin will install... I started a skin download and then after I turned off debugging it worked... but most of the time these downloads sit at 0% forever... I've let them sit for 30min+ before...

http://pastebin.com/wZATRt6U
Sure looks like a connection issue to me. But I'll leave it up to a dev to figure out.
if you can get internet acccess once and a while, I doubt tis the firewall. they will normally be :working or :not working
Internet works fine on this machine. I'm running bit torrent and can access websites... its just the add-ons
anything?
I have experienced this as well, and as you say once in a while it just works. Will try to get a log for it.
you're not running torrents while you're trying to do this are you?

sometimes windows 7 will get such a poor connection to the internet, due to torrents hogging all the bandwith, nothing else will work.

if it happens again, make sure no other machines at home are using the internet at all and close all other apps, on the htpc, and try again.
What happens if you try and access the repo directly outside of xbmc - i.e try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/pl...h/icon.png in a browser on the same machine at the same time when it doesn't work in xbmc.
Killing torrents didn't do anything... I have ample bandwidth to support the amount of seeding and everything else I do online anyway.

But, I cannot access the repo outside of XBMC... but I can on other machines connected to the same router and also running win7...
Any suggestions on fixing this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] add-ons will not download [debug log posted]0