[SOLVED] Using a mouse wheel in XBMC
I'd wanted to set up the house server to show movies in XBMC through my television. No problem there. The problem was I wanted my non-tech Dad to browse through and select any movie he wanted without having to use a remote with a bazillion buttons on it. So my thinking was to pre-set XBMC so that the only thing you can see is the list of movies.

Searching through the forums here, I found that quite a few people wanted to reconfigure a mouse wheel to navigate XBMC. What I found on the web was this link:

http://chrisjean.com/2009/02/13/navigate...the-mouse/

Following these instructions, I got the mouse wheel to surf back and forth in the "cover flow" screen in the Tranparency! skin. I configured an old mechanical mouse, removed the x,y wheels for mouse motion, disabled the second mouse button, mounted the mouse on a wood pedestal, set it next to my Dad's chair and ran a PS/2 extension cord to the server.

We'll see how that works out.
Well after a week, my Dad loves it. He even has he added bonus of being able to rewind and fast forward the movie he's watching. I'll post a vid of its operation soon.

Now if I can just disable the resume feature, it'll be perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Using a mouse wheel in XBMC0