View layout question
Question 
Typically, xbmc does a very good job of remembering your chosen viewtype for any given location. But sometimes I find exceptions. These are usually the Add-Ons. Using 10.0beta2 r33776 (compiled 13thSept2010), latest Aeon NOX, addons which grab media from the net are quite keen on changing your viewtype. I dont know so much if they are changing it, as they are just 'resetting' it? When someone writes an addon, is this something they have control of?

Because quite often YouTube is switching to wallview when I browse my favourites (pretty far from ideal for YouTube), the same for Vimeo. (actually I think these 2 are from the same author). But anyway..

is it something I can control with xbmc settings, or am I stuck with it?
any help/knowledge appreciated.
Addons can try and switch view. I strongly suggest they never do so, as there is no mechanism for doing so reliably, plus it interferes with the skinners job.

Instead, they should set the content type that they provide, and the skinner then chooses appropriate views.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View layout question0