No longer able to access XBMC via browser.
I have XBMC running on Windows 7 and on Vista.

I can access the XBMC on Vista, but not on Windows 7 (i used to).

Since it's been some time since I could access it, I'm not sure what I may have done to prevent it.

I see some mention of Windows Live, but those messages seem old, so I'm not too sure if that is my problem.

I've uninstall Windows Live, but still have no access.

Vista is not a problem.

Any suggestions?
We need a few more details. Presumably you have XBMC running on a PC with Windows 7, and you're trying to control it through the web browser from some other PC/phone/whatever. Have you checked that you have the web interface enabled in the XBMC settings, and that the firewall on the Win7 PC allows access.

JR
We need a few more details. Presumably you have XBMC running on a PC with Windows 7, and you're trying to control it through the web browser from some other PC/phone/whatever. Have you checked that you have the web interface enabled in the XBMC settings, and that the firewall on the Win7 PC allows access.

Yes. Running XBMC on WIndows 7.
The firewall is set to correctly allowing access. IN fact I even have gone as far as turning it off all together.

Settings in Network are identical to what I have on the Vista machine. Web interface is set to default.

TRying to access from another PC and an IpodTouch. As I mentioned I can access the Vista machine with no problem.

When I try to connect to that IP and Port I get Access Violation. If I knew what was displaying that message in the process I guess I could figure out how to resolve, but I don't know where this message is coming from.
Resolved my problem.....
In case someone else has something similar....I just changed my Port in XBCM from 8080 (or 80) to 8888 and all works well.

Including my Iphone App which was the most important.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No longer able to access XBMC via browser.0