• 27(current)
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS.
I'm back from holiday and will build new versions today.

EDIT: Build for OSX 32bit is already online. ATV2 will follow in the next minutes. iOS and 64bit OSX later that day.
Tried 2012-07-14_org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_12.0-0~alpha4_iphoneos-arm.deb on my atv2-ios5 and it runs great with mediaportal.
Thanx!
Is the ATV2 able to view HD-Streams from a "VU+ Duo"? SD-Channels are working fine, but HD-Channes are playing ~4-5 sec before they are stopping.
Version: 2012-07-14_org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_12.0-0~alpha4_iphoneos-arm.deb
PlugIn: VU+ Plugin (2.8)
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I know nothing about the VU+ addon. Maybe have a look here: www.vuplus-support.org
Just installed 2012-07-15_org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_12.0-0~alpha4_iphoneos-arm.deb on ATV2 but vu+ plugin still failed to load. The logfile said that Library "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libcurl.4.dylib" could not be loaded.

After copying the library from "/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/libcurl.4.dylib" to the path mentioned in the logfile the plugin now loads without problems.
Build error on the addon side then. The install_name of that version of libcurl has to be altered during buildphase to match the pathes when its installed.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Solo0815: Different situation with vu+, atv2 and HD here: Video is stuttering, audio and video completely out of sync (video running too slow) but not stopping as in your situation. SD running fine unless Deinterlacing is activated.
(2012-07-15, 23:35)Memphiz Wrote: Build error on the addon side then. The install_name of that version of libcurl has to be altered during buildphase to match the pathes when its installed.

Could that be the same problem as with the MPTV addon? I see the VU+ addon is linked against libcurl (-lcurl). Is that needed? I also can compile the addon without -lcurl.

I will build again without -lcurl and see what happens.
No clue - if it needs curl it has to link against it i guess. If not then not ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
So can you give me an example for install_name and how should it look in the Makefile?
(2012-07-15, 23:30)Feierstarter Wrote: Just installed 2012-07-15_org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_12.0-0~alpha4_iphoneos-arm.deb on ATV2 but vu+ plugin still failed to load. The logfile said that Library "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libcurl.4.dylib" could not be loaded.

After copying the library from "/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/libcurl.4.dylib" to the path mentioned in the logfile the plugin now loads without problems.

It is strange. I can activate and deactivate the addon on my iPad without any error (but have no VU+). So maybe it is ATV2 specific? For some users the addon is running on ATV2, too, wothout copying the libcurl. Have you tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade on your ATV2? Maybe you still have libcurl 6 installed instead of 7.
(2012-07-16, 09:40)TheChief79 Wrote: It is strange. I can activate and deactivate the addon on my iPad without any error (but have no VU+). So maybe it is ATV2 specific? For some users the addon is running on ATV2, too, wothout copying the libcurl. Have you tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade on your ATV2? Maybe you still have libcurl 6 installed instead of 7.

Maybe possible that I still have libcurl 6. I will check in the evening when I'm back from work.
Should be something like:

Code:
install_name_tool -change /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libcurl.4.dylib @executable_path/Frameworks/libcurl.4.dylib libcurl.4.dylib

Adapt it as needed (e.x. to what libcurl is really called in the XBMC installation).

You can verify the change with

Code:
otool -LD libcurl.4.dylib

It could also be that the install_name_tool thingy has to be applied to the binary addon instead. So that it dlopens the dylib from the right location. otool should be your friend here too and would show you any bogus pathes of that binary addon.
Thanks for your information.

But i think the problem is another, because curl should be already on the devices i think. On my iPad it is installed via Cydia. At the moment libcurl.4.dylib is not bundled in the XBMC packages, so i think it should not be needed there. On OSX i can find the library under /usr/lib, on my iPad, too. I think on the ATV2 it should the same. Now the question would be, why the addon does not link against this library. In the xbmc-depends the library is also located, maybe this is the problem?

Here is the Makefile of the addon:

Code:
LIBS   = -ldl -lcurl
LIBDIR = /Users/xxx/xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus
LIB    = /Users/xxx/xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr

SRCS=client.cpp \
     xmlParser.cpp \
     VuData.cpp

include ../Makefile.include

clean:
        -rm -f $(OBJS) $(LIB) *.P *~

$(LIB): $(OBJS)
        $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -shared -g $(OBJS) $(LIBS) $(LIBDIRS) $(SILIB) -o $(LIB)

This should be ok?!

I made a test.deb without -lcurl. maybe someone can test this build on an ATV2 with VU+ addon. http://xbmc.picmania.org/test.deb And if you copied the dylib, please remove /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos5.1_armv7/lib/libcurl.4.dylib from your ATV first.
One user reported, that the test.deb is working on his ATV2, so maybe i can remove -lcurl and the addon uses the libcurl installed on the system.
(2012-07-16, 14:44)TheChief79 Wrote: One user reported, that the test.deb is working on his ATV2, so maybe i can remove -lcurl and the addon uses the libcurl installed on the system.

Thanks for all your efforts regarding this problem. I will test "test.deb" when I'm at home tonight and let you know the results (also regarding libcurl 6/7 version question)
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS.1