• 28(current)
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS.
Thanks, let me know.

BTW TheFortTheRecord addon also has -lcurl, so here should be the same problem?!
@TheChief79

Yep since the addon is build with our buildsys i guess - it will link against libcurl in /Users/Shared/andsoon - because this is the libcurl in our toolchain.

So for getting it to work you have to do the install_name_tool command and fix the path for libcurl in the addon binary (so that it points to the executable path). It then will use the packaged libcurl which is delivered with XBMC (i would prefer that. because loading 2 different versions of libcurl at the same time will definitly cause issues - xbmc loads its own, and the addon would load the once in the system. Thats bad bad bad bad bad bad bad - not wanted!).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you. But where i have to put the install_name_tool command? In the Makefile? I'm not so expirienced with Makefiles. Would be nice, if you could edit my posted Makefile and show me, how it works. Then i can update my sources.

Since curl is in your buildsys, do i still have to install curl before installing XBMC? Or was it just needed to download XBMC with curl?
(2012-07-16, 09:40)TheChief79 Wrote: Have you tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade on your ATV2? Maybe you still have libcurl 6 installed instead of 7.

Think you were right. After apt-get update and apt-get upgrade the addon loads without copying libcurl to the different path. So I think I was still on libcurl 6. Next time I know what I have to do first...

Does it still make sense to install "test.deb"?
I dont think so, nothing important changed in the sources.

Thanks for your infomation. But still interested in a solution with install_name_tool to compile right way.
These system libcurl is crap guys. TheChief79 you could issue the commands by hand first and see if it does what we want, before doing anything in the makefile.

Maybe the addon dev itself could jump in here? Or is that you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi,

Right now the addon uses curl to retrieve the data from the VU+ / Dreamboxes. I don't know anything about building on an atv2, but I guess I could put some efforts into the implementation and remove the curl dependency. If time is on my side then hopefully I'm able to do some coding this weekend...

Cheers,

Joerg
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
You don't need to get rid of the dependency. You just should ensure that you use the same libcurl that XBMC itself uses and already delivers. Carefully read my last posts about install_name_tool and + google you should get a feeling for what it does and why it is needed. (btw same on osx).
I am running on ATV2 5.1, with MythTV 0.24 (and hopefully soon to be 0.25). I have tried quite a few of the unofficial builds, but can't quite find a fit for what I'm trying to do. I would like to be on Eden-PVR latest, with the MythTV PVR addon available, but none of the unofficial builds I've come across seem to have the MythTV PVR addon in them.

Is there an unofficial build out there that I can test the MythTV PVR addon against?

I am on Mac OSX Lion, with the absolute latest XCode (and can't downgrade due to work requirements), I am a career programmer so compiling isn't an issue, but as of yet I haven't been able to get anything to compile for ios 5.1.

If there is no build out there with the MythTV PVR addon, then is there a GIT branch somewhere I can clone and build from that will actually work with the latest XCode compiler? I've tried quite a few over the last few days, but haven't had any luck yet. What I'd really love is to be able to get the tsp branch to compile, but I can't get past the Darwin depends make without errors.
You won't be able to compile any Eden based branch with Xcode on lion. The buildsystem of Eden just doesn't support Xcode 4 and lion.
Is the same true if I clone a master branch, or all they all based on Eden? The real goal is to be able to upgrade my backend, and to be able to play with the PVR functionality as a frontend to the Myth + hdhomerun backend.

Thank you so much for such a quick response, I know you guys stay busy and n00bs like me must drive you crazy.
Master branch is xcode4 compatible since alpha2 or so (around may?).
I've gone through the build steps a number of times, but whenever the build gets to fastmemcpy-arm.S it errors out withxbmc/xbmc/utils/fastmemcpy-arm.S:71:9: error: invalid instruction ldrmib lr, [r1], #1

I repulled the main master branch to see if I could get past it, but ran into the same issue. Does that sound like I'm doing something wrong, or is it an issue?

For all branches since XCode4 compatibility:

rm /usr/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl
make -C tools/darwin/depends/gas-preprocessor distclean && make -C tools/darwin/depends/gas-preprocessor

You are jumping between the trees without knowing what you are doing.
I'm having the same problem with fastmemcpy, running Xcode 4.4 with clang 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-421.0.57).

is origin/master supposed to work on it? When are you supposed to run that gas-preprocessor makefile?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to compile a PVR branch for iOS.1