XBMC problems: external HD decoder
Hi all,

As I am really new to XBMC, but really impressed of its possibilities I'm definitely saying goodbye to Windows MCE and switch to XBMC for Windows.

BUT:
I set up everythign and was really happy that XBMC recognizes automatically the installed Broadcom HD hardware decoder but if I want to play 720 or 1080 videos I just hear the sound for about one minute and then it hangs compeletely. (maybe a problem with layers? happens with three different skins)

Hardware config:
ZBOX BluRay MicroPC with ION2
Windows 7 64bit
4G RAM
Boradcom HD decoder (miniPCIe)

DVD, DivX and Xvid is playing without a problem.

in addition I have the additional minor questions:
- which skin is preferable for viewing movies (so that I can see trailers, detailed movie info, aso)?
- what do I have to set to control XBMC with a MCE remote without unwanted jumps and strange behaviour?

I very appreciate your help and thanks god it seems I found something that is fullfilling all the needs I have! Big Grin

Thanks for your support.
Thomas
we need a debug log on pastebin. see my signature
Sorry, of course this makes sense.

XBMC Log of viewing a 720p film:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15182173/xbmc.log

After waiting until no sound is played it's possible to just click another film once, but then the whole system is stuck and you have to kill the XBMC process in task manager to stop it.

And here a hardware printout:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15182173/ZBox_HW_Report.htm

Thanks again.
Thomas
It looks as if the CrystalHD is failing to decode the video. If you say some videos play while others don't it must be something to do with the video format. I don't know enough about how the Crytal works to comment further.

Re the remote, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC. To help further we'll need to know what model of remote you have and in particular whether it's a Microsoft/eHome/RC6 remote.

JR
Thanks so far,

Regarding the Crystal HD decoder:

If I use KMPlayer and "attach" Crystal HD to h.264 or anything else (in short mkv files with 720p or 1080p) everything works without a problem.
So the videos are definitely not the problem. Also not the drivers for Crystal HD. In principal it works... but not with XBMC Sad

Regarding the Remote:
I will check it, I'm using a Logitech Harmony remote with settings for MCE Remote.
But I will analyse it further on...
TommyM Wrote:Regarding the Remote:
I will check it, I'm using a Logitech Harmony remote with settings for MCE Remote.

Then you probably have an eHome/RC receiver, in which case see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows

JR
Hi there.
Getting the identical problem.

XBMC Version 10.0 35647
Windows Home Server (Server 2003)
Broadcom BCM970015 Adapter

Trying to play an mkv h264, yuv420p 1280x720 episode of House.
The file plays with WMP with no problem (using the Broadcom).
Audio plays for around 15-20 seconds and then XBMC freezes.

My Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/cyjUFBEL
Any news on this problem?
Why are you bothering with a CrystalHD card if you already have ION2?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Sad 
Because it was not possible to get not stuttering 1080p with ION2 and Windows... no not right: i made it one time, but then after reboot everything gone again (and I tried it several times).

So I decided to go for Broadcom HD, which works like a charm out of XBMC/MCE but only with KM Player.

Anyway I tried now to clean up everything and install Ubuntu/XBMC.
With XBMC Live installation it recognizes Crystal HD and everything works great.
BUT: If I install GNOME to have some graphical Ubuntu GUI the Crystal HD option disappears out of the Video setting optionHuh?

Any ideasHuh Please!!!

P.S.:
You are right, with Ubuntu XBMC and nvidia ION2 drivers it should not be necessary to have Broadcom Crystal HD... but now I have it and if it helps just to get the system not that hot, then I will use it and support the ION processor a little bit Rolleyes
Hi everybody.

Same problem as rest of the people.

XBMC Dharma 10.0
Windows XP Home Edition
Eeebox B202, 2GB Ram
Broadcom BCM970015 with latest drivers, 3.50

I can manage 720p videos with XBMC (Crystal HD enabled), but same problems as related here with 1080p videos: blank screen, 5-6 seconds of audio an then XBMC crash.

No problems using MPC-HC or KMplayer or DSPlayer with 1080p videos.

Anybody have the solution?
Any updates with this problem?
Upgraded my server to Windows Home Server 2011 (based on W 2K8 R2 server) and have identical problem.
Going to be setting up Media Player classic as the external player for these files in the mean time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC problems: external HD decoder0