Slow picture switching in gallery
Hi,
first of all i'd like to thank you guys for coding such an amazing media center software! I was more than positively surprised when I tried XBMC for the first time but ther is on small issue that dosn't work out fine for me.

When I wana display pictures it takes xbmc awfully long to switch to the next picture in fullscreen mode, no matter if the pictures are stored locally or come from a computer in the local network.

I googled the issue but nobody else seams to experience such problems...

I' running Ubuntu 10.10 on ASRock Ion 330ht-bd.

annyone?
I can't belive that noone has experienced this before... :confused2:
oszi Wrote:I can't belive that noone has experienced this before... :confused2:

I have the same problem. Tried googling a couple of times. There was a thread about this problem earlier, but no solution. The thread suggested problems on the network share, but as you said it doesn't make a difference if the photos are stored locally. It seems to me that most people don't use the XBMC for pictures, and thus this problem has not been a high priority. Sad

Another problem is the thumbnail generating process. I have my full picture library on a network share (QNAP Turbo NAS) and navigating to a previoulsy unviewed folder starts the thumbnail generating process. During that the system is unresponsive and slow. Once the thumbnails have been created at least browsing the directories is ok, but viewing the pics in fullscreen is still veeeery slow. Slideshow is ok.
The system also crashes often during thumbnail generating process, which is not something I'm used to using other XBMC features.

I used to have an old xbox and as far as I remember this wasn't a problem there. I also had another network drive which had the same delay. There has never been a delay viewing the images on the windows laptop over WLAN (XBMC computer uses ethernet).

I'm running my system on Acer Revo Atom computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow picture switching in gallery0