Skin artwork addons - what do we need?
Gamester17 has asked me in the past to add CDArt to fanart.tv which is something I am going to look at doing, if there is any interest I could also look at adding support for other types of fanart, such as Weather.

I could then provide an API interface to download weather sets or something.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Sranshaft Wrote:I think the most important thing to have is a set naming scheme for these packs. If image 32.png in one weather pack represents rain, it needs to in every weather pack. I'm pretty sure this is the way it is now but the example should follow through to the other packs as well.

Now's a good time to hammer down the naming scheme. Currently, it's hardcoded to something like "128x128/%s.png" in Weather.cpp.

ronie Wrote:- home weather fanart (this pack has just one image for each condition and are all variations of the 'little house on the prairie' backdrop)

Or, if xbmc could auto-determine your location (my smart weather branch on github attempts this), then have one 'little house on the praire' variation for a bunch of major national landmarks. Imagine, a first-time user starts XBMC and is stunned by an amazing view of a nearby national park. (I can dream, can't I? :p)
hey there, I'm no skinner and I haven't read the full topic (yet). But on reading the first two pages about different types of artwork packs and make some required within the skin config and some not, I'd have the following suggestion:

I'd say only use ONE type of artwork packs - user install/changeable ones, and Skins should not REQUIRE certain artwork packs but rather only SUGGEST them for best visual appealing together with this skin, but the user still can decide if he likes to use his current artwork pack or not. Of course skins still can require other addons, but they really only should require them if the skin would break without them - and I can't imagine that a skin will totally break if it loads some other icons/logos.

With the SUGGEST feature I'd handle it like this, that if currently no artwork addon of the specified type is installed, then the suggested one will become a required addon and automatically installed together with the skin. If a artwork of that type is already installed, display a dialog and tell the user that this skin suggests the addons X,Y,Z and add "install now" buttons besides the addons.

That's probably what I would do.
Any update on this? It would be nice to be able to remove studios, both plain and color, from the ZIP for Simplicity.
To learn more, click here.
Good time for a bump?
Will have a look today on getting something set-up to get things going.
I have already collected most of the available studio logos and record labels so whe can start with that.
A weather fanart pack shouldn't be to difficult.

Whatever we make up skins will follow Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for jumping in here Martijn. Big Grin
Guy's if I could jump in on this as well. I recently talked to Ronie about something that related to this, so now is probably a good time to weigh in on this one.

Currently in my skin I include a script that grabs a zip packaged theme from my Googlecode page and then unpacks the required files to the appropriate directories in my skin. If someone would like to take my script and modify it so that it can be included in the main repo you would have your delivery mechanism for including weather/studio or what ever icons required.

Added bonus is that I don't need to try to figure out python again to get this script and my skin into the main repo Laugh. Is anyone interested?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Weather icon pack would be great too.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Separating the studio and record label logos from the skins and making them as addons will save approx. 8-10mb minimum for the skins that use them. It will then be convenient both for users and skinners alike. Same goes for the weather fanart. On a different note, ccmatrix hasn't updated studio logo pack during the last 7 months, so where the requests for missing studio/ network logos can be made if ccmatrix is not working on? Or, the concept of studio logos will be totally done away with in the future?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
The idea is that these addons (ie pack.studio.flags) can be used by any skin that wants them and the skinner doesn't have to worry about maintaining them. And, as you said, this will get the skin sizes down as well.
Damnit Hitcher, you're supposed to wait until AFTER Eden is final :p

Will certainly be looking at improving the code I wrote ages ago once we get this thing out the door Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My bad, but I blame Martijn for posting this -

Martijn Wrote:Just a suggestion. I cleaned up all the logos in the Aeon Nox skin so you might want to remove all the current studio logos and music label images and add the ones found on the Aeon Nox github page.
There was a lot of junk in them.

Wink
Hitcher Wrote:My bad, but I blame Martijn for posting this -
Wink

That was totally irrelevant to this Laugh
We did some testing on this and it seems work fine with studio/recordlabel/weather icons. To get artwork as an add-on there only need to be 6 lines of code added to XBMC core to get add-on/dependency handling.
Don't think it will make Eden.

jmarshall already did some more on it so we will have to wait for that to be merged.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin artwork addons - what do we need?0