perfect Camelot, very bad Dharma
Hi all, firt, sorry for my English.

My system configuration is as follows:
- HTPC Shuttle SG33G5M, with Intel C2D E8200, 2 Gb RAM 800 Mhz and Built-in video card Intel GMA3100
- Operatin System Windows Professional 7 64 bits. Screen Config: 920x1080, 25 Hz.
- Video link: HDMI. Audio link: Toslink
- TV Samsung LED A956 46''

THE PROBLEM:
-------------
With XBMC (older versión 9.11 Camelot), all mkv files play very well, without problems.

I updated to the newest version of XBMC (10.0, Dharma). Now, the mkv files play with big judder (freezing every second or less).

I tried the following:
- I have formatted my pc, and I have made a full reinstall, windows 7 Proffesional 64 bits (I tried windows 7 Proffesional 32 bits also)
- I have installed only XBMC 10.
- I have tried to tweak the XBMC settings in most ways possible....
- I have installed the lastest video card drivers.

The problem persists, the freezing is back!!!

if I uninstall Dharma, and install Camelot again, the mkv video are played perfectly!!!!

I DON´T KNOW THE PROBLEM. PLEASE, I NEED HELP!!
Thanks you.
Without a full debug log you wont get much help.
we had to drop the multithreaded decoder as it wasn't compatible with newer ffmpeg's. so this is unfortunately to be expected.
any solutions?? Setup external player maybe??

Thank you for your answers!!!!
In your case you've either got the option to utilise an external player like MPC-HC, which is able to use the FFDShow multithreaded decoder; or alternatively you could give the last DSPlayer or the new DSCodec builds a go.

FFMpeg (libavcodec) isn't multithreaded, ffmpeg-mt is Smile
Your E8200 should be fine with your MKVs once you're able to leverage both cores not just one Smile

You could suggest that Dharma, due to the issue with FFMpeg, is more reliant on DXVA/VDPAU dependant on build, whereas Camelot was more suitable for CPU based decoding out the box.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
To check if the problem is down to the CPU press O ("oh" not "zero") while a video is playing and see what the CPU usage is. If it's running at a steady 100% then the CPU is maxed out.

However there can be a problem playing MKVs that sounds very much like your problem, and I think it's caused by problems with the audio driver. If the test above shows the CPU isn't maxed out it might be worth fiddling with the audio driver/settings and also try searching this forum.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:To check if the problem is down to the CPU press O ("oh" not "zero") while a video is playing and see what the CPU usage is. If it's running at a steady 100% then the CPU is maxed out.

However there can be a problem playing MKVs that sounds very much like your problem, and I think it's caused by problems with the audio driver. If the test above shows the CPU isn't maxed out it might be worth fiddling with the audio driver/settings and also try searching this forum.

JR

Pressing O, in Camelot version, show the next information:
W(fps:23.85 CPU 2 core(s) average: 32.2%)

Similar information are in Dharma version...

I have updated a Dharma version with DSPlayer (XBMCSetup-Rev33619-dx.exe). Now, mkvs plays without judder, but there are another problems, in some mkvs, the audio is stopped every x seconds... (In FFDShow I check the DTS and AC3 options for optical output).

Thanks again!!!
I've never used DSPlayer I'm afraid so I can't help with it.

With Dharma you need to search the forum for posts about the problem. I've never been able to reproduce the problem here so I can't help. You might try deleting %appdata%\userdata\guisettings.xml as this will reset all the XBMC settings to the defaults.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
perfect Camelot, very bad Dharma0