StepForward/StepBack for Music?
**reposting due to no response in General Help - feel free to remove if this is not kosher**

For starters: running XBMC 10.0 on ubuntu 10.10

Just wondering if this is at all possible. I'm using my XBMC for podcasts and when it would be nice to take advantage of the same stepforward/back features that we get for videos.

I found this thread, in which someone asked for this, but apparently the functionality doesn't exist in the player that XBMC uses (??). Or at least it didn't in 2006 (!!)

Anyway, if there's a way to do this, or a way to point XBMC at a different music player that does have this functionality enabled, I'd be much obliged. Here's a link to my current remote.xml - you can see what I attempted to do with the MusicOSD section, as well as what I had to do to the visualization section to prevent conflict.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KqDg...y=CLzI2uAG

appreciate any help or advice - even if it's just to tell me that I should give up now because it's still not possible
I'm missing that feature also!!!
Add my vote also
I would love this feature too, and I'm quite surprised there aren't more people asking for this.
+1. That feature would be greatful!
+1
If I recall correctly that was added back in about 3 weeks ago.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I still cannot get it to work (Gotham).
I assigned the remote keys to these actions in Visualization section, but there is no reaction at all when playing music and pressing the buttons.
Also the documentation says for these actions "Step forward 30 seconds in a video." etc.
I looked at the sources, it looks like the music player is perfectly capable of seeking to any time. However, the corresponding input actions for the step functions are only handled by the video player, not by the music player.
The seek function itself (which works both for audio and video) is even accessible through the Python and JSON APIs, so thankfully it's possible to simulate the missing functionality by means of Python scripts.

I found some trackers on the issue:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6551
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4857
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11600

It seems that there has been no real result so far, though, or possibly I am just missing something obvious...

I think that a consistent seeking would also be in line with the Team Kodi Manifesto:
"Use standards and be consistent, (the Music section can for example not use completely different controls from the Video section). "

It also concerns the Big Step FW/BW functions, Seek to time etc.
Yes, I was missing something...
Just to document it in case someone else is having the same problem. I had been googling since two weeks without being able to find a hint. I discovered it incidentally going through the list of built-in functions.

There is a function called PlayerControl which accepts various arguments, among them also the skips.

So modifying your keymap does the trick, e.g.:

<Visualisation>
<keyboard>
<right>PlayerControl(SmallSkipForward)</right>
<left>PlayerControl(SmallSkipBackward)</left>
<up>PlayerControl(BigSkipForward)</up>
<down>PlayerControl(BigSkipBackward)</down>
</keyboard>
</Visualisation>

In contrast to the video player, the small skip is only 10 secs and the big one 1 minute in audio player. I suppose this can be changed in the advanced settings file if necessary.

What I am still missing is the Seek to time function for audio, to achieve consistency with the video player.
EDIT: SmallStepBack is also missing for audio.
Hi
keymap change works perfectly on Music Files but doesn't for Audio CDs. Is there any solution for this?
By the way also FastForward/Rewind is not working for Audio CDs...it could be a lower-level problem (?)
Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
StepForward/StepBack for Music?0