Looking for a expert to help
Hi There

I am sorry but when you are completly new to xbmc it is hard to find a selution in here.. I have to look a lot through to find the specific thread there can help me, and then i have to look through 100 sites in the thread to find the solution..
So i am loosing my patience, and that is a shame...
I would like some one expert in xbmc that i can wright directly to, instead of looking around and end up giving up...

Are you interested in that please let me know...

Ohh bye the way: Im danish..i understand english, but my spelling is not that good...

Give a message

Kristian
If you post what your having difficulty with there are plenty of people willing to help on here or point you in the right direction
Try the manual that I am writing...
It isn't finished yet, but I am sure it can help you out with lots of questions. If you have additional questions feel free to send me a message...

click HERE for the manual
Wauw... I have read your manual.. A shame it isnt finish yet, but it allready gave me some understanding on what to do..and most importen: why we do it like that,,, I will play a little on the machine.. Thanx so far
Hello Boys and Girls

Im starting to understnd this amicing frontend..
But i have some questions;

Under which files and path on the computer is the libraries ?

Can i change manually in the libraries ?

and will the changes i make in the library stay..or will the scrappers change the info back ?

best regards
Kristian
The library can be changed. Most users are using 3rd party applications to do this. A very nice one is Ember Media Manager. There is a link here on the forum somewhere, use the search function.

In ember you can specify where your movies and tv shows are stored, and ember can scrape the movie information for you as well as trailers and coverarts. The information that ember generates is stored into files with the .nfo extention. XBMC reads these files so that it doesn't have to scrape the info from the internet. HOWEVER, XBMC will not update a movie if it is already present in the XBMC library. You have to delete the movie from the XBMC library and update your library so XBMC finds it again, and this time adds it with the updated information that you generated in Ember Media Manager...

Ember however, is dead.... The original team of developers have stopped working on the project and a few others also active here on the forum have picked up the work on Ember and renamed it to "Ember Media Manager Revisited"...

Goodluck!
Just use xbmc to scrape and administer your library - its the only thing that is kept current - avoid 3rd party scraper apps if you can, invariably the fall by the wayside - Ember being a prime example.

nfo files can just as easily be produced by xbmc by exporting the data to seperate files (it will then place the files within the movie/TV folder) - System\Video\Library\Export video library, without the worry that development will of the core application will outstrip the 3rd part app, nor are they supported by Team xbmc.
hey gullumscave

Thanks for the info..
However .. I can seem to get ember working.. It say : "unrar anywhere and run exetuble file", but when i haved unrar, there are only to files and they are both .dll files.

My reasons for asking if i can manually change the information in my library is because i have some few movies, where i would like to change the fanart, or the folder, or trailer.

i have tried to find the location on my computer where the library informations is, but i can not find them. However i found out that i can export the library to a location onmy pc.. example: c/back up/ library
Here i can now see some of the information.. Fanart.jpg and .tbn file...

Now i can change the fanart picture if i would like,, and import the changed library back to the xbmc..
But the .tbn file i dont know how to open...

Did i understand correctly that Ember stores the information in . nfo - and the .nfo is something i can open and change.. let say for example "Sin City" to "Sin City Extended"
If so.. I would really like this ember to work.. Hmmm..

I have a question regarding music library,, but i will come back to that.. First i concentrate about the movie library...

hope you can help me to get this ember working....

all the best
Kristian
steelman

when i export as single file.. i can select where to save the files..
but when i export as separate, i can not, and i can not find where it saved...
I tried to follow your path.. but I do not have that path
ahaaa when i export as separate file it export to the folder where the movie file is...
it was proberly that you were telling me, but i just got it now.... terrefic...
Hey boys and girls
Now i know how the movie library works...
Now i just have to play a little with the music library..

and then i only need one more things for finally have it running like i want, and i sure can use your help here.. I would like to have a menu for games... and would like to run throgh games like the movies, and start a game from xbmc....

any ideas ?
Flick Wrote:I would like to have a menu for games... and would like to run throgh games like the movies, and start a game from xbmc....

There are several add-ons to do this e.g. Launcher and Executor. You'll find them in the Programs section when you go to the Get add-ons screens.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a expert to help0