OSD and Music record labels support
I have 2 requests for the skin:-
1.The OSD looks dull and ugly, in comparison to the other skins, (Transparency skin has one of the best). Please change the OSD to a more pleasant look.
2. Please provide the support for music record labels, like Transparency and the Aeon mods do.

Otherwise, the skin rocks.

Please don't take the first request in negative manner.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
No probs everyone is entitled to their opinion

1. Have you anything in particular in mind (other than just lifting T's layout)?

2. What do you mean by record labels - have you got an example?
We have tailored MUCH of 'Back Row' from a lot of idea's from the community. We are always up for new idea's, so if you have one, other then "looks dull and ugly", elaborate more on idea's of how you think it would look better, other then just "change it". That would help us a bit more to consider your idea's if it's something every one else would like also. Some people might not like the idea's, or think it now makes the skin look worse, or even not use it anymore BECAUSE that area looks a way they don't like now, Being every one has there own opinions, which is why we have a lot of skins for XBMC. Not every one will like some things, that other skins have, or like other skins but not using them because of certain layout's or views they don't like.
I LOVE Transparency, but i don't personally like the OSD cause it reminds me of real player for some reason, which i can't stand RP. It's basic which is great, for might not be for every body of course. But like i said, every one has things they like, and things they don't like. Just voice your thought's on what you think would make it look better, more details, and we'll consider them. Smile

And about "Please don't take the first request in negative manner.", We are positive people, it's no problem. Constructive criticism is what makes you grow and learn. But just for proper form's of writing, it doesn't make sense to say negative choices of words, then followed by "don't take negatively".

That's like saying to your friend "Hey, your girlfriend is ugly and plain jane looking, don't take that negatively though!!" Smile Make sense?? LOL.
Dear Sharpe and Djdafreund,
1. Record labels mean various labels that bring out music, like Sony, Arista, Bmg, Virgin, etc. Aeon mods and T! supports them. The company / record logos are stored in "recordlabels" sub-folder of the media folder. They are like what studios are to the movies / television shows.
2. Below is a screenshot of the OSD of backrow (latest svn downloaded from xbmc passion). I am , unfortunately, having a 17'' 1024x768 CRT flatscreen monitor, the video below is 16:9 video. The OSD jumps into the video. My only suggestion is, could the OSD be made as simple as that of the confluence skin, which shows the OSD at the top, preventing the subtitles from being hidden, or it could be lowered down so that the subs don't hidden much.

Back Row OSD

Aeon65 Music Label:-
The Interscope record label is shown above in the screenshot
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
MUCH better, and thanks!! Smile We'll see what we can do. Maybe we can tweak some things a little. I'm thinking we could add record labels (separate download like we do with movie studio images) in a future release though. Sharpe will have to comment on that note.
Thank you for your suggestions. That's much better to understand when you have idea's already in place to suggest. We'll see what we can do. Smile
I'll see what I can do about adding record labels to the music views - it'll just be like the way movie studios are integrated.

In the meantime I've gone ahead and re-organised the video OSD screens - still probably a work in progress but this is what they look like now. The main change is stripping down the player controls to only showing the controls whilst adding more to the video info controls to compensate:

Looks good, especially because these buttons are self-describing.
suggestions:
a)The new space could be used to enlarge those round buttons
b)a little animation-effect could make it more eye-candy.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Yeah those last screen shots were kind of deceptive due to the letterboxing effect of the movie - you can probably see it better with these new 16x9 ones.

But yes absolutely - open to any suggestions.
I was going to say the exact same thing until i checked out a full screen video and noticed what Sharpe is saying. It looked a lot better (like in new screenshot's above changed out) then the older picture's showed.

@Sharpe, i MIGHT recommend replacing the background lower image (diffused image towards the edges) with the same type of image we use for the upper part. I think it will look a little more balanced on the screen over all, and currently it just doesn't look JUST quite right. In general i think it looks good with your new changes though. Clean now. I was skeptical a little before seeing it actually done and think it looks pretty good, just other then the bottom part that fades black on both sides. (referring to the control's screen.), but the more i look at the info screen, i think it might still look better by replacing it on that screen also, since the transparency level is pretty dark, it still might be dark enough to still easily see the clearart on right, and of course for sure easily see the thumbnail (or cover art when in movie.) I think change the control one to match image used on top part, and try first the same on info to see if it also still looks better matched. I think it will still look good, since it's still dark enough.
Yep - totally agree I've done that as well as a couple of little tweaks (changing some label colours and adding a visibility condition on tv show name if you've already got clear art for that show.
B-E-A-UTIFUL. Nice job Sharpe. Definitely looks great now. Smile
Looks much Beautiful and convenient
Record labels are now in place for albums in the music library views - you need to have a "record labels" folder in the skin's images folder to display them.

Big thanks to both Sharpe and Dj

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD and Music record labels support0