Clean Library confusion/not working
i've tried to setup this clean library function in the advancedsettings.xml file to automatically clean after the auto update is done. i see it posted here in the forums, problem is either i'm not understanding exactly what it does, or it's simply doesn't work in dharma.

i'm running windows 7 x64, xbmc dharma. now, is this automatic process suppose to achieve the same clean library function that executes when i select clean library from the video settings menu? i have tried with advanced settings and via HTTP, neither cleans the library for me.
--
What do you expect it to do, maybe we can help starting there.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
for instance, if i edit a movie in EMM for instance, and then auto update is run, i have this item showing up twice, because i have ember follow a rename policy. when i go into the video settings and manually select to clean the library, it removes dead items from my library. that is what i expect the clean on update to do in advancedsettings.xml. is this wrong?
--
When you add that setting to advancedsettings it runs when you update your library so if you run update at startup it will clean your library as well
so it will clean my library the same way as when i select it from the video settings menu? because if thats the case, then it does not work. what could i have wrong? this is what i have in my advancedsettings.xml file in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
  <videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
--
It should do yes but only when you use "update Library"
it does not do it when i restart XBMC that auto updates library, nor when the timed auto update plugin is run, it only works when i manually select it. anything i can look at to tell me why?
--
There's an error in your advanced settings your missing the / in the second <videolibrary> it should be </videolibrary>

Your log will tell you this Smile
cool, that would definately do it, how did i miss that. i copied/pasted out of the forums, i just should of typed it, i would of caught it then for sure. guess i didn't look hard enough lol. i'm back from a long vacation of disappointing popcorn hour boxes, i haven't used XBMC since it only worked on the xbox. i cannot believe how this thing has matured.

thanks, i'll check that when i get home, but that should fix it.
--
I missed it two at first Smile

Your log will tell you always if your advancedsettings are correct it doesn't have to be in debug
With clean on update set in Advancedsettings.xml, I have notice if you alter your nfo information stored with your movie or tv show, this will not update.

Cleanonupdate only checks to see if the media is present or not. If not, then it is removed from the library. (It doesn't check if the nfo infomation is the same as in the library.)

All your doing (and I was too) is altering the nfo data. Cleanonupdate still see's the media as it's still present, so nothing is removed from library, and no update is done.

Two options.

1). Move the media incl nfo, jpg's etc to a temp place outside of what your library scans. On Library update, this media will be removed (as long as cleanonupdate is set). Move the media back and redo Library update. New nfo info will now scan in.

2). press info for the media in your library and select 'Refresh'. This will re-scan just that media. It will remove any library info it has, and reload what is stored with your media file.

Problem with No. 2 is if you have altered alot of nfo's, you have to do it for each media in your library.

Trial and error was how I found this out. Cleanonupdate is only good for when you remove files wherever they're stored (for me on my NAS).

I hope this is of helpNerd
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
You are correct but he refereed to renaming in ember which is different you rename a file it no longer exist so it gets removed if you clean your library
>>X<<' Wrote:You are correct but he refereed to renaming in ember which is different you rename a file it no longer exist so it gets removed if you clean your library

BlushOops, My bad. should read more thoroughly.No

prophetizer Wrote:for instance, if i edit a movie in EMM for instance, and then auto update is run, i have this item showing up twice, because i have ember follow a rename policy. when i go into the video settings and manually select to clean the library, it removes dead items from my library. that is what i expect the clean on update to do in advancedsettings.xml. is this wrong?

Got the first point, didn't spot the second.

Wouldn't that point to the nfo file still having the same name but the media file has changed? Almost like two nfo's exist.

Any Dev's around able to explain how/what 'cleanonupdate' checks for before flagging a library entry for removal?

Sorry I'm not of help to you.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
vbat99 Wrote:All your doing (and I was too) is altering the nfo data. Cleanonupdate still see's the media as it's still present, so nothing is removed from library, and no update is done.

Yes, I wish there was a better way to get changes to nfo files recognized. Seem like a key thing that is missing. I think there should be some sort of 'full' refresh option that re-reads your source just like on first load.

What I think I might do when I have a lot of changes (like if I clean up genres or what have you), is make the edits with a tool that edits the database directly. Then do an export to individual files. I assume this would overwrite the existing nfos with an updated version including the changes.
well, it didn't seem to work, also, my XBMC seems to be crashing everynight, i'm thinking it's a plugin, either that or virtual box thats installed on there to manage it. going to remove all plugins, maybe something is conflicting, i will report back

thanks for the help
--

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library confusion/not working0