About to take the plunge
I have enough information from scanning the forums and the few that were very helpful here. I am going to try it this week.

Someone mentioned it takes 35 seconds to try it out and get my own questions answered. I will put aside a few hours. I am going to start with a fresh copy of windows 7 64 Bit and go from there. There is lots of media I want to test, I will be looking at PQ, lip sync and subtitle integration. Some of the troubles I had with WMC MB. I am also going to try out various themes etc.

Thank you
teknikk7 Wrote:I have enough information from scanning the forums and the few that were very helpful here. I am going to try it this week.

Someone mentioned it takes 35 seconds to try it out and get my own questions answered. I will put aside a few hours. I am going to start with a fresh copy of windows 7 64 Bit and go from there. There is lots of media I want to test, I will be looking at PQ, lip sync and subtitle integration. Some of the troubles I had with WMC MB. I am also going to try out various themes etc.

Thank you

Everything you mentioned XBMC does in it's sleep:

complete vcr like controls for movies

many options to fix audio sync, though usually correct out of the box, if your system is setup correctly

many options for subtitles, including downloading different ones & font size

case options, album art, artist art, fanart galore, its what xbmx does

Have fun, try all the skins, addons, and tweaks, for some screenies I made, look here:

http://home.xnet.com/~tclark/XBMC%20Aeon%20MQ2%20Skin/

TC Nod
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Jezo Wrote:There is no slider bar in the program like in WMC, it is one of the large flaws I see with XBMC and I have no idea why it would be overlooked as a default option.
Of course there is a "slider bar", which also can be handled via mouse. (And with anything else as well...). Where do you get this information from?

This is it:
(Screenshot taken with Night-Skin, the bar may change due to different skins)

@OP:
You may want to check out my guide which will help you getting started, link is in my signature.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
About to take the plunge0