Clean Library confusion/not working
I've never used it so cant really help, you could however add clean library onto your keyboard or remote if you cant get it to work just put the following on a key

Code:
CleanLibrary(video)
>>X<<' Wrote:I've never used it so cant really help, you could however add clean library onto your keyboard or remote if you cant get it to work just put the following on a key

Code:
CleanLibrary(video)

do i do this with the mceremote plugin and the keymap.xml file? haven't done this before but trying now, would like more input please.

i use a logitech harmony one, so if the above is true, it would be pretty simple right?

thanks
--
prophetizer Wrote:do i do this with the mceremote plugin and the keymap.xml file? haven't done this before but trying now, would like more input please.

Start by creating a custome keyboard.xml to map the action to some convenient key on the keyboard and check it works. There is a keymap editor on http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ if you're not keen on writing XML code in Notepad (I'm not :-).

If this works and you want to map a button on the remote to it use the keymap editor again. It has a "detect keypress" option so just enable this and press the selected button on your remote.

JR
As jhsrennie said you just need to add it in the keyboard.xml I tested it using "e" as I knew that wasn't already being used just put it on a button you don't use on your remote

Code:
<e>CleanLibrary(video)</e>
cool thanks guys will try this when i get home.
--
foghat Wrote:Yes, I wish there was a better way to get changes to nfo files recognized. Seem like a key thing that is missing. I think there should be some sort of 'full' refresh option that re-reads your source just like on first load.

What I think I might do when I have a lot of changes (like if I clean up genres or what have you), is make the edits with a tool that edits the database directly. Then do an export to individual files. I assume this would overwrite the existing nfos with an updated version including the changes.

I've been going through the process of updating .nfo files with Movie Sets and XBMC wasn't recognizing the .nfo files in the source directory. I exported the XBMC library and it loaded new .nfo files (not overwriting because of different names). I updated those and XBMC updated properly. Problem is, anytime I want to add new movies to a set, I have to export the entire library. I don't know yet if it will overwrite my changes and leave me updating ALL movie sets again.

Is there a way to update the library directly instead of the source files since XBMC seems to be ignoring my files?
mbbransc Wrote:I've been going through the process of updating .nfo files with Movie Sets and XBMC wasn't recognizing the .nfo files in the source directory. I exported the XBMC library and it loaded new .nfo files (not overwriting because of different names). I updated those and XBMC updated properly. Problem is, anytime I want to add new movies to a set, I have to export the entire library. I don't know yet if it will overwrite my changes and leave me updating ALL movie sets again.

Is there a way to update the library directly instead of the source files since XBMC seems to be ignoring my files?

Your nfo's have to be exactly the same name as the media file name just like the ones XBMC creates when it exports to separate files or if each movie is in its own folder they can simply be named "movie.nfo" but you must set "use folder names for lookups" in "Set Content" anything other than those two will not work

You don't even need to use a full nfo you can just use the set tag and the imdb url then refresh each movie in the set
>>X<<' Wrote:Your nfo's have to be exactly the same name as the media file name just like the ones XBMC creates when it exports to separate files or if each movie is in its own folder they can simply be named "movie.nfo" but you must set "use folder names for lookups" in "Set Content" anything other than those two will not work

You don't even need to use a full nfo you can just use the set tag and the imdb url then refresh each movie in the set

My .nfo files are movie.nfo and in each individual movie's folder. I'll double-check that "Use Folder Names for Lookups" setting this evening. I hope it's something that simple!!
It will ignore them if you don't selecting movie info then refresh it will just do a look up from the net instead of asking you whether to use local or not
i just had a thought, i'm thinking i was misunderstanding the cleanonupdate, does it only do this when it updates the library when i start XBMC? i use that autolibraryupdate script that updates every 2hrs, but clean doesn't seem to run after that. is that why it seems it doesn't work for me?
--
mbbransc Wrote:I've been going through the process of updating .nfo files with Movie Sets and XBMC wasn't recognizing the .nfo files in the source directory. I exported the XBMC library and it loaded new .nfo files (not overwriting because of different names). I updated those and XBMC updated properly. Problem is, anytime I want to add new movies to a set, I have to export the entire library. I don't know yet if it will overwrite my changes and leave me updating ALL movie sets again.

this has to be the worst thing about XBMC, not recognizing changes, it's so freaking annoying
--
>>X<<' Wrote:As jhsrennie said you just need to add it in the keyboard.xml I tested it using "e" as I knew that wasn't already being used just put it on a button you don't use on your remote

Code:
<e>CleanLibrary(video)</e>

any idea what the + button is at the bottom left? i'll make that clean, and the e update
--
jhsrennie posted a link to his key editor which can detect what your key presses are that or look in your harmony software it should tell you what is assigned to each key and you should also be able to change them from there as well
strange, my e was mapped to <z> for aspect ratio from some keymapxml i used that mapped all funtcionts, but i change it for cleanlibrary and it didn't seem to make a differnce, not showing in log either
--
I'm having same problem with MCM.
XBMC won't read the .nfo that MCM has created so it downloads everything again. I don't know how to fix this? The MCM has organized my movie folder so each movie gets it's own folder named "movie (year)" and in this folder the .nfo is stored as movie.nfo.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library confusion/not working0