[REQUEST] Amazon Prime Instant Video addon (similar to Netflix)
I would really like to see a search feature for the plugin. It would greatly improve navigation Thanks a lot BlueCop! You're the man!
Question 
Orijnal Wrote:Got the script installed on my ATV2, but I'm seeing the script error immediately on startup as well. I installed it using the 'install from .zip' file option. The username and password are populated in the settings. What am I missing?

BTW - Thanks, bluecop, for your work on this script. :-)

It worked perfectly on my Apple TV 2 when I installed from .zip, so I don't know what you might be doing wrong. Huh Try uninstalling and re-installing from the .zip again.
bluecop,

BlueCop Wrote:... once I have all the issues worked out. ...

I've built xbmc on linux/64 from git trunk (commit f631d88ada8983b289a7257f5bd81b4a6ea44e76), and installed your plugin from .zip @ bluecop-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com.

i've a registered Prime account, and entered creds into settings.

as others are seeing, it fails at attempt to load stream of any given TV/Movie.

unclear -- do you have all the info you need to troubleshoot? if log output, valgrind trace, etc would be of any use, I'm happy to post what I'm seeing.
unfortunately you can no longer playback content from amazon with librtmp. they require a new flash handshake like hulu.

I have a new version that works better for grabbing content and it gets the correct rtmp link. It just won't play in xbmc anymore.
What are the chances of Amazon releasing closed source libraries as replacements to librtmp?

I feel like I am not alone in saying that I will sign up for Amazon Prime the second this service is available in xbmc.

Is there a petition or anything that we can start signing to make them aware of the market share they are missing out on?
Would love to see this get working. I hate to fork out for another device for watching prime VOD. Good luck.
I still dont have a problem with authorization or grabbing the rtmp links. that all works for me currently. It just librtmp(which xbmc uses for playback) doesn't support type 9 rtmpe handshakes currently. That is the only limitation to getting this to work I know of. librtmp is also lacking a new type of swf verification. if an rtmp server uses this type then playback will also fail. amazon was still using the old type before requiring type 9 handshakes. You still gota love the powef of librtmp. all the people who have contributed to it have done amazing work.
The current git source of rtmpdump now supports type 9 handshakes. I compiled that along with my latest compile of the AE branch and was able to use this plugin to stream both SD and HD content successfully from my Amazon Prime account.

On a side note, the sorting in the Movie and TV lists seems to be nonsensical.
Bluecop,

I have a roku, and if you have not been able to get the data that you need, i would be willing to help. Just let me know what to do.

I have attempted to install the amazon addon on an apple tv 2 and an ipad 2. Both devices say that there are missing requirements.

Are there some prerequisites that i need to install?

Thanks,

Chris
Bueller: Yea it initially only sorted by popularity. thanks for update.

wranglerdriver: the traffic I got was encrypted so wasn't much use. I would like to play with a roku box myself. I might just grab one to hack around with. I am not sure what kind of proxy settings that roku might support that I could use to make monitoring easier. maybe I can insert a ssl certificate into the roku somehow. I would actually like to monitor several of their services and to see how they work.

I am overloaded right now. I was working on free cable and the support for type 9 handshakes took me by surprise. So now hulu and amazon prime work again. I am working on some fixes for hulu plus support for the hulu plug-in right now because I love their 720p streams. I put a good amount of time into free cable though so will be devoting time to finishing that up after that.

I ramble a bit but anyway my point is that if anyone wants to help out on this then I welcome the help. I was thinking a database of available shows and movies would be good. That will periodically refresh or be manually updated. I don't like the web-scraping but it seems to be the only option right now. The only way we can retrieve a complete list of available movies or tv shows with web scraping is with several requests to the website which is slow.

I would love to add support to rent/purchase movies and stream them in xbmc as well. It would require much more reliable, tested, and secure code. I am have also noticed that python doesn't seem to really verify certificates on secure connections. I am still uncomfortable storing my amazon password in the clear in my add-on settings. I am just not really sure how to secure it. I really think this could grow into a great plug-in though.

In my dreams I want a plug-in that gives kick backs on movies and tv shows purchased from amazon to team xbmc. I would feel better about renting a movie for a couple bucks if I knew xbmc got a little $ for developers. I know this is a complete fantasy. they seem to be shutting down their affiliated service anyway.
I am glad to hear that both hulu and amazon are working now.

In xbmc on both atv2 and ipad2, hulu is labeled broken and the amazon zip will not load. (says something about dependencies)

however they both work fine on my mac.

can you tell me what i need to do to get them working? is there any information that i need to find to help solve the problem?

Thanks for you help!
BlueCop keep up the great work and looking forward to Hulu and Amazon working in the near future!Many thanks!
BlueCop Wrote:I ramble a bit but anyway my point is that if anyone wants to help out on this then I welcome the help. I was thinking a database of available shows and movies would be good. That will periodically refresh or be manually updated. I don't like the web-scraping but it seems to be the only option right now. The only way we can retrieve a complete list of available movies or tv shows with web scraping is with several requests to the website which is slow.

I've started working on an amazon scraper that builds a database of movies like you mentioned. For now, during testing, I am only scraping prime eligible movies, by starting on this page http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/other/re...1310763215.

I'm grabbing some basic metadata such as movie title, icon uri, plot synopsis, actors, amazon url, amazon category, genres, etc. If you let me know what kind of information you need I can update the scraper.

You can test it out like so (currently returns JSON):

Code:
# python -m json.tool is used to pretty print the JSON response
# Get first 10 movies (not currently sorted or anything)
curl "amazon.jonathanbeluch.com/api/movies/" | python -m json.tool

# Get first 10 movies by genre
curl "amazon.jonathanbeluch.com/api/genres/Documentary/" | python -m json.tool

Here's a sample response:
Code:
$ curl "amazon.jonathanbeluch.com/api/movies/?count=1" | python -m json.tool
[
    {
        "_id": {
            "$oid": "4e20544644f7eb76b441f657"
        },
        "amazon_category": "Performing Arts",
        "genres": [
            "Documentary"
        ],
        "image_uri": "http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51T2vDv%2B9XL._SX500_.jpg",
        "plot": "Gracefully guided by the Grammy Award-winning percussionist Evelyn Glennie, who also happens to be deaf, this groundbreaking film opens the door to a world where sight, sound, and touch magically converge to elevate our everyday sensory experiences.",
        "title": "Touch the Sound",
        "url": "http://www.amazon.com/Touch-the-Sound/dp/B0010ER7TC/ref=sr_1_4?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1310741665&sr=1-4"
    }
]

The scraper can be updated to run however often it needs to in order to keep the data fresh. Let me know if this is something that could be helpful to you if it progressed further.
awesome. I will try it out. I was thinking integrating scraping into the plugin itself would be best so it doesnt become dependant a external server. This works just as well though.
BlueCop Wrote:awesome. I will try it out. I was thinking integrating scraping into the plugin itself would be best so it doesnt become dependant a external server. This works just as well though.

Yeah, I'm with you on trying to keep everything within the plugin. However for amazon, like you mentioned, its hard to get a list of movies without doing multiple requests.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Amazon Prime Instant Video addon (similar to Netflix)0