Media Library Converter
Hey guys,
I was getting frustrated by wanting to switch back and forth between XBMC and Media Browser so I wrote an app to do it for me. Figured I'd share.

It's nothing special just a very simple interface. This is the first app I've ever written so be gentle! haha...but seriously.

You can check it out on google code the name of the app is: ConvertLibrary.

Let me know if you think it's cool or sucks, I'd like the feedback either way.

I looked around for apps that did this but there weren't any dedicated to switching strictly between the two and worked only half way anyway. If I overlooked an app like that please let me know.

Feb 24 2011 – UPDATE:

I enabled the NFO/XML feature. It will only convert some fields because not all are supported in the opposing format. If you have any suggestions of fields I missed, let me know and I'll try to address it asap. Don’t worry you have the option of keeping or deleting the old NFO/XML file! ;–Wink

On another note, if you have more than one trailer in your MB trailers folder you may want to avoid using the trailers feature until I make the deletion of additional trailers optional. Which won’t be long, I'm hoping to release that today yet.

I am also working on sending deleted files to the Recycle Bin instead of deleting them outright. I think I should note that if you're running ConvertLibrary on a network location Windows does not have the ability to delete a file to the Recycle Bin for network files.

Updated screenshot.

Feb 25, 2011 Update:

I added the ability to keep existing trailers when converting from MB to XBMC.

March 1, 2011 Update:

I added support for multiple media locations.

http://code.google.com/p/convertlibrary/

Screenshot:
Sounds nice!! System requirements would be good. (Linux/Windows)

EDIT: Ah, the added screenshot tells its Windows.
New screenshot.
This looks very interesting. It will be nice to be able to try Media Browser easily without a lot of work.
I've added a few new features. Check out the pic in the main post.
I've changed around a few things in the GUI and added support for multiple media locations.
all you need to add is like with your "Do not Delete backdrop.jpg" setting you need to add a "Do not Delete fanart.jpg"
It doesn't actually delete the fanart it renames it to backdrop. The reason I have the option to keep extra backdrops is because Media Browser supports multiple backdrops. The app will either delete the extras or keep them.

If there is a way to support multiple fanart pictures let me know and I will adjust the app to account for it.

isamu.dragon Wrote:all you need to add is like with your "Do not Delete backdrop.jpg" setting you need to add a "Do not Delete fanart.jpg"

Edit:
I did some poking around and there are supported ways in TV Shows to have more than one fanart.jpg. I'll put that on my list.
I added the ability to keep extra fanart pictures. The only supported format I've found is when multiple fanart files are kept in a folder named "extrafanart" so the app assumes all files in that folder are meant to be kept if the check box is checked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Library Converter1