ati radeon 9200 pro help
Sad 
hello,

i have install xbmc to a hp vectra vl420 2ghz 1gb ram, but when i stream from my dreambox i remarked that the stream is not so good.

So my question is if it is possible that the ati agp card doesn't work out of the box ?
And if it is so how can i fix this problem ?

sorry for my bad english (i'm from belgium )
kidd Wrote:hello,

i have install xbmc to a hp vectra vl420 2ghz 1gb ram, but when i stream from my dreambox i remarked that the stream is not so good.

So my question is if it is possible that the ati agp card doesn't work out of the box ?
And if it is so how can i fix this problem ?

sorry for my bad english (i'm from belgium )

Hello Kidd

From the hardware compatibility wiki, Supported hardware
Minimum ATI card is an X800.

I too have a Ati 9250 card, and it isn't sufficient for Dharma, Camelot works, but you don't enjoy the advances that Dharma gives.

I found a Nvidia 6200 card which is just above minimum and that works fantastic in Dharma.

I hope this is of help.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
yes i enjoy alot. but i was thinking that i did something wrong.

i also have a xpc-rc01 remote control from asus. this works great but some buttons don't work like stop numbers ect...

is this remote than also not compatibleHuh?
kidd Wrote:i also have a xpc-rc01 remote control from asus. this works great but some buttons don't work like stop numbers ect...

is this remote than also not compatibleHuh?

I have had a similar remote, but found it identify's in windows as a HID Keyboard/Mouse. In the end I bought a HP MCE remote and that worked out of the box. In windows it identifies as a eHome remote.

The 'xpc-rc01' remote is similar to the Chinavasion CVSB-983. See XBMC Wiki - Remote Control Reviews - Unbranded MCE remote
This is what I bought initially but had alot of issues getting it to work smoothly. Even then I couldn't get my Harmony to program correctly with it.

To save headaches I'd recommend one of these. XBMC Wiki - Remote Control Reviews - HP MCE Remote
Media Companion Dev.
ok so if understand. for perfect working system i have to buy all new. i also had a asus pundit, but now if you have right even this pc i can't use because it use a ati 9100 or i have to find a pci video card.

very thanks for your help
Well, here's my experience, both with windows XP and XBMC Live.

1st PC. ATI 9200 Card (AGP), 512Mb Ram, AMD XP2600 CPU.
* XBMC 9.11rc1 Works very well, little high CPU on menu's but altogether not bad. BUT, missing addon's that I like and aren't available now for 9.11.
* Changed card to Nvidia 6200. - Dharma Final working, high CPU on menu's but able to play 720p video at ~85%CPU usage.

2nd PC. ATI 9250 (PCIe). 2Gb Ram, AMD X2 5800 CPU
* XBMC 9.11rc1 Works very well but still want the addon's.
* XBMC Dharma Live wouldn't work, but Win XP w SP3, and XBMC Dharma would work. In Windows, I noticed dropped frames, while CPU usage stayed below 30% average. Wasn't acceptable.

I tried the DSPlayer version (now discontinued, but a new version may be available soon under a new name). This worked for me, with no dropped frames, and good CPU usage.

In the end, I was given a Laptop with a faulty LCD. This unit had 2Gig Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo cpu and Intel 960 Graphics Chipset. This unit is running XBMC Live connected to a Sony Bravia 42", and the HP MCE remote. Minor adjustments to get sleep and wake working, and also to turn off the LCD display and allow external monitor only, but everythings functional now.

So what I'm trying to say is, it's a tradeoff between CPU and Graphic's card. Yes, there were some PCI Geforce cards released, but you may find them hard to source.
Media Companion Dev.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ati radeon 9200 pro help0