• 3(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
As of yesterday, I have been experiencing a problem with watching events. Now, when I attempt to launch a live or replay event (all events) on either ATV2 or Linux devices it fails. I get the following error message:

Quote:Failure to launch URI

Unable to launch video feed most likely because you already requested this feed. Please wait a while and try again.

It works fine if I fire up a browser on a PC. FYI, I'm on Uverse.
This is a great idea. ESPN and other sports (CBS) are the some of the only things I miss from cable.

I'm trying to use this on a 1st Gen Apple TV. Its plays for a few seconds, then buffers a few times before closing. I've tried lowering the video quality but it doesn't help.

Is this a processing power issue? Would a 2nd gen AppleTV work any better?
partpricer Wrote:As of yesterday, I have been experiencing a problem with watching events. Now, when I attempt to launch a live or replay event (all events) on either ATV2 or Linux devices it fails. I get the following error message:

It works fine if I fire up a browser on a PC. FYI, I'm on Uverse.

I need a debug log from you to be able to understand whats going on.
ksosez Wrote:I need a debug log from you to be able to understand whats going on.

I will grab one for you tonight.
hotspurdotus Wrote:This is a great idea. ESPN and other sports (CBS) are the some of the only things I miss from cable.

I'm trying to use this on a 1st Gen Apple TV. Its plays for a few seconds, then buffers a few times before closing. I've tried lowering the video quality but it doesn't help.

Is this a processing power issue? Would a 2nd gen AppleTV work any better?

From people posting here it looks like it works on the 2nd Gen AppleTV but I have no experience either way. It could be that 1st gen is underpowered.
ksosez Wrote:From people posting here it looks like it works on the 2nd Gen AppleTV but I have no experience either way. It could be that 1st gen is underpowered.

I changed some parameters on my router and I'm happy to announce that it's working nicely with my 1st gen ATV today. This is awesome!
Thumbs Up 
I've gotten the latest plugin to work on my atv 2. FULL SCREEN!!!! awesome work guys.

it takes awhile (2-3 minutes) for the replay section to pop up. but i think that's because it logs ALL the replays. so it may seem that nothings happening, but it's working.

Maybe if there is a way to first list the sport, and then go to the replays from there.

BIG UPS!!!! i hope you keep working on this plug-in.SmileLaughBig Grin
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
ksosez Wrote:I need a debug log from you to be able to understand whats going on.

So I just got home and installed the Debug Log add-on on my Linux system. I wish I would have checked first, but the ESPN3 add-on is working perfectly now.

I'll try my ATV2 a little later.
OK. I tried it on my ATV2. It is working perfectly on that device as well. So, I have no idea what went wrong over the weekend.

Thanks for the offer to help. Let me know if you need anything.
igotdvds Wrote:Use this logo:

[clip]

Thank you! I'm using your logo on AppleTV2.

In my case the original logo cached in XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/c/c56a9acc.png
Working on segmenting Replay and Upcoming by days. Should be done in the next couple of days.
Released .6 just some changes to layout of Upcoming and Replay.

Still working on more sorting and getting a better replay section that loads faster.
Amazing! Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!

FYI everyone,

Since there is yet update functionality (espn3 plugin) for AppleTV2,

I updated to Release 0.6 in a “clean/safe” way.

I deleted the “plugin.video.espn3” folder in mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

I deleted the “plugin.video.espn3.zip” file in mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages

After installed Release 0.6 zip file, the folder and zip file are located in a NEW path/directory:

User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons
User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages

You should see the following 3 items via Videos after successful installation:

Release 0.6
Live (with igotdvds’ updated logo)
Replay – Previous 10 Days (with igotdvds’ updated logo)
Upcoming Broadcasts – Next 2 Days (with igotdvds’ updated logo)

For comparison purposes only:
Pre-release 0.6
Live (old logo)
Replay (old logo)
Upcoming (old logo)

Warning: I attempted to install Release 0.6 zip file the usual way with existing old espn3 plugin/zip: DON’T DO IT.
Thumbs Up 
I was about to go crazy with this one.

thanks for saving me more wasted time... and hair. Laugh

this should be sticky noted, or pinned... or something.
wondering if you got my message.

no rush. i know you're busy. just not sure if you check your PM's.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon12