[LIVE] Help - Tried Everything - Wake from Xbox DVD Dongle w/ Univ Remote
Question 
Thanks for anyone coming in here looking to help me, I need personalized help to get this working. I may be an MCSE but I am a total Linux noob.

I have a fully functional Xbox DVD Dongle mod to USB running with my Cable Box remote (Synergy V) with all 255 valid IR signals. I can suspend and create custom buttons, but I cannot for the life of me get this thing to wake from USB from the Xbox DVD Dongle. ( I can wake from USB keyboard)

I am running:

Linux XBMC 2.6.32-26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive Dharma

on a Zotac ZboxHD-ID11. This is (another) fresh install.

I have tried:

sh -c 'echo "USB3"' > /proc/acpi/wakeup in rc.local
echo USB3>/proc/acpi/wakeup in rc.local
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-2/power/wakeup (which give error)
/sbin/modprobe lirc_atiusb
curl resume script
remote button set to XBMC.Shutdown()
remote button set to XBMC.Suspend()
adding lirc-sources
using irexec and irevent scripts
upgrading kernel to 2.6.32-28
downgrading kernel to 2.6.32-22
using XBMCFreak's maverick v3 image ( i believe 2.6.37 )
and others i cant recall in my month of searching this and other forums

If you can suspend/resume from a Harmony One remote with a Xbox DVD Dongle, it must be possible without using a XERC mod. I must be missing somthing.

Does anyone have suspend/resume working specifically with the Xbox DVD Dongle??
Am in the same boat - Just got a revo 3610 and been playing around with this - new to linux too ( with MCSE :-) ) and so followed the path of least resistance and configured and installed XBMC on Windows 7 x32.

Kit :- Harmony 330 remote programmed for Xbox DVD Playback kit buttons using the Xbox DVD Dongle via USB -
Got this working via EventGhost after a number of mods -

However in windows the USB driver for the Dongle does not seem to include Wake on USB functionality so even though I was successfully emulating key presses on the remote and XBMC had this enabled ( USB Keyboard\Mouse works fine to resume from Standby) the remote does not do the same thing and I think the dongle effectively goes to sleep with the rest of the machine. Since this is one of the primary reasons for moving to a Revo ( along with full HD playback) I am hell bent on finding a solution .

Am uncertain as to whether the function not being available in windows is down to the four year old driver from RedCl0ud or is just not something built into the dongle.

So .. Linux.
Have attempted to run the live image via usb and set the dongle to resume as per a number of your commands up there and while the dongle shows as being enabled to wake from standby it still does not do it.

I can only come to the conclusion from what I have found so far that the dongle does not actually physically remain on when the revo is in standby. ( am going to delve into how a Harmony One can resume this week and see if I can pick on anything there..).

The main thing is that I need to be sure that the IR Receiver Dongle is actually active and listening when the system is in standby - am not sure how to accomplish this .

if no joy - will have to track down an IR receiver from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews. Found the Ortek VRC 1100 on ebay for 10£ more but don't really need the remote .. just the IR receiver. Wonder if there are any better options out there. ( ?? )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Help - Tried Everything - Wake from Xbox DVD Dongle w/ Univ Remote0