[WINDOWS] Official HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
Do you think following most of this guide would work with a linux box, like OpenELEC?
I mean basic setup and mce keyboard and the back button and exit buttons and things like that?

Ofc I know the windows keys and things are useless.
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
Hi

Is there any way of setting the Harmony 600 remote for XBMC up so that it only uses 1 device instead of the 2, as I only have 1 spare device on the Harmony I can use?

Thanks
You will need only the MCE Keyboard device with XBMC for almost everything. The MCE SE device provides combo keys such as Ctrl, Alt, Win, .... MCE Keyboard device has all single keys to control XBMC, including keys that people usually use MCE Remote for, such as Play, FF, Rew, Stop,....
I have an Asrock a55 pro 3 that I can wake from S5 with my hp wireless keyoard.
I also have a GP-IR02BK usb receiver and/or a Chinavision Model: CVSB-983

Is there any way to use my harmony to wake from usb from s5 like I can with the keyboard by using one or both of the devices?

Also I'm hoping the GP-IR02BK is compatible for this setup or am I mistaken?
(2012-09-11, 00:48)daffeh Wrote: I have an Asrock a55 pro 3 that I can wake from S5 with my hp wireless keyoard.
I also have a GP-IR02BK usb receiver and/or a Chinavision Model: CVSB-983

Is there any way to use my harmony to wake from usb from s5 like I can with the keyboard by using one or both of the devices?

Also I'm hoping the GP-IR02BK is compatible for this setup or am I mistaken?

I don't think S1-S5 power states can be selectively controlled by the Harmony. The Harmony sends the power button, and depending how you'd set up the power button to work on your Windows PC, then it will act accordingly.

Because once the PC is OFF, Windows is shutdown, so the Harmony can't not talk to the IR receiver, therefore you can't Power ON. Usually with the Harmony, we set the PC to S2 Power setting so it will sleep/wake with the Power toggle.
but if you can do wake from usb (from S5) from that asrock mobo then it means that there is power on the usb port I guess?

In any case, how do I make this GP-IR02BK do the S2 wake/sleep then?
I would like to say that I have mostly working (including VFD) an OrigenAE S14V case with the Logitech Harmony One using XBMC and TMT5.

The device was setup as a OrigenAE S14V one in the Harmony software.

My only issue is that the ENTER and the ESC commands are sent repeated times. Sad

Other than that everything works fine (including On/Off the HTPC).
Smile 
(2012-09-11, 11:15)daffeh Wrote: but if you can do wake from usb (from S5) from that asrock mobo then it means that there is power on the usb port I guess?

In any case, how do I make this GP-IR02BK do the S2 wake/sleep then?

Sure, if your HP keyboard can send power toggle that the Asrock recognizes as S5 then, I'm guessing it was set that way in the Asrock?

The GP-IR02BK is Microsoft compatible (ehome) receiver so it's very simple to do S2 sleep/wake. Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519

Sorry I did not keep track of my posts :-) you can search the above thread for my user name or sleep wake.
I changed it for a IR605Q receiver (which is RC6) and now I can wake it from S5.
But for some reason my harmony won't let me use the arrow keys to navigate when I use your guide
(2012-09-17, 20:17)daffeh Wrote: I changed it for a IR605Q receiver (which is RC6) and now I can wake it from S5.
But for some reason my harmony won't let me use the arrow keys to navigate when I use your guide

Cool Cool Now I wish I got the Asrock! S5 is great for using XBMC.

I recalled that one of the Harmony profiles for MCE remotes has a built-in mouse navigation that uses the arrow keys for mouse pointer. The profiles look almost identical, so make sure you select the right device. Do you see mouse pointer on the screen? can it be controlled with LCD mouse buttons in the HTPC device?
(2012-09-17, 20:17)daffeh Wrote: I changed it for a IR605Q receiver (which is RC6) and now I can wake it from S5.

I also got an IR605Q and an AsRock board with CIR, but I can't get it to wake from S5 or any other standby mode.
What profile/button do you use on your Harmony?
(2012-05-29, 16:18)SavellM Wrote: Do you think following most of this guide would work with a linux box, like OpenELEC?
I mean basic setup and mce keyboard and the back button and exit buttons and things like that?

Ofc I know the windows keys and things are useless.

Although you posted this a few months ago, I've just tried to use this technique with OpenElec v2.0. Unfortunatly OpenElec (so far in my investigation) does not support the MCE Keyboard, only the MCE Remote..

Yo,

Just setting up my 1st HTPC and was wondering how it would be best to setup a Harmony One to play with XBMC using TMT5?
Can't seem to find codes for TMT5 and I want to use my remote like I did with my mediaplayer...menu,popup menu,audio,subs,info,etc...

thanks
Hey guys...

I'm feeling kinda silly now but I do need your help.

I got myself a Harmony 600 remote and have set it up so that it powers up my TV, Hi-Fi and PC (Win 7 OS but once booted starts up XBMC).

Now I've added the 2 devices as listed on page 1 of this thread but have not added the XBMC (sw) device in the XBMC Activity which powers up my equipment.
Once everything is on the remote just does not work in XBMC itself. I can't move left or right or choose anything.

Maybe I am not understanding what to do with the keymaps but I have created the .xml with the code provided on page 1 as well and then pasted that into the keymaps folder.

I would really appreciate your guys help as I am going crazy not being able to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanx guys
(2012-11-01, 23:51)cAfstA Wrote: Hey guys...

I'm feeling kinda silly now but I do need your help.

I got myself a Harmony 600 remote and have set it up so that it powers up my TV, Hi-Fi and PC (Win 7 OS but once booted starts up XBMC).

Now I've added the 2 devices as listed on page 1 of this thread but have not added the XBMC (sw) device in the XBMC Activity which powers up my equipment.
Once everything is on the remote just does not work in XBMC itself. I can't move left or right or choose anything.

Maybe I am not understanding what to do with the keymaps but I have created the .xml with the code provided on page 1 as well and then pasted that into the keymaps folder.

I would really appreciate your guys help as I am going crazy not being able to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanx guys

I have same issue, where MCE Keyboard will work periodically. Mostly it will fail, and only respond on a great amound of button press.

http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Official HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC3