XBMC was running fine, now crashes on startup
I'm running Ubuntu 10.10. According to Synaptic, I'm running xbmc 2:10.00~svn35648. The crash log can be found here: xbmc log.

Here's what happened. I have been having some trouble with audio at encoding rates other than 48000 playing too fast. I have a custom .asoundrc file, as I am outputting in dolby prologic to an older receiver. I added a "rate 48000" to one of the profiles to try to correct this. The sound device failed to initialize under xbmc, but speaker-test worked (after about two seconds of failures to initialize.) As those failures have happened to me before, I rebooted, hoping that the sound card had just entered an unstable state. Unfortunately, after this reboot, XBMC does not start; it crashes immediately after displaying the xbmc logo. I have tried removing the .asoundrc file, but it has not made any difference. What else can I try to get it working again?
Fixed it... apparently the problem was with either the keymap.xml or the Lirc file. Removing those two got it going again. I haven't changed either of those in months; so I am not sure what caused my issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC was running fine, now crashes on startup0