Request: MTV Music plugin or script
MPauley73 Wrote:You can now find a working version of the MTV plugin here.

Right now it only shows videos from the main page (http://www.mtv.com/music/video/), but adding artist and other pages should be very simple.

MDPauley

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. Has MTV changed anything?

Edit: Strange, some work though. :confused2:
Now that we have rtmp support is there anyway to get this plugin working?
This would be an awesome addition some great mvids
Thanks MPauley73, good job.
I made your Oct, 12th 2008 release available via our installer script.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Real life happens to much for some reason the past few months... Im working on scripts and plugins again, if this needs any work down, let me know.
The plugin loads and plays the videos fine, but it only shows the music videos on the front page. You can't go to the next page or sort by artist or do a search.
If I'm right can't we just add a directory to addDir in the default Py?
Rookie Wrote:If I'm right can't we just add a directory to addDir in the default Py?

Yes
hi mpauley

First off , nice plugin. This is also my first plugin to modify. I was able to add the popular and premiere pages as well as the A-Z artist pages. However, I have one problem. Any video I play freezes XBMC at the last second of the video. It's fine if I stop the video before the end. Any idea what the issue is?

Thanks,
Mark
Glad to see someone working on this plugin, I hope you release this mod soon. Thanks!
marquismark Wrote:hi mpauley

First off , nice plugin. This is also my first plugin to modify. I was able to add the popular and premiere pages as well as the A-Z artist pages. However, I have one problem. Any video I play freezes XBMC at the last second of the video. It's fine if I stop the video before the end. Any idea what the issue is?

Thanks,
Mark

you need to update xbmc to a newer version
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:you need to update xbmc to a newer version

I'm running 8.10 so I should be up to date. Or do you mean something from SVN?

Thanks,
Mark
marquismark Wrote:I'm running 8.10 so I should be up to date. Or do you mean something from SVN?

Thanks,
Mark

You need a newer version from SVN. Let me know when you post your changes, I would like to make a few changes also but don't want to duplicate work already done.
MPauley73 Wrote:You need a newer version from SVN. Let me know when you post your changes, I would like to make a few changes also but don't want to duplicate work already done.

Cool. Newest SVN fixed it. Thanks.

Here's what I got. It's not very elegant but it seems to work. Hope you don't mind me hacking up your code. Laugh

http://www.box.net/shared/uxuzqx6oxs

One more thing, when I play certain videos they run 2x speed and static for sound. That happen to you? (Soundgarden, Smashing Pumkins Tonight Tonight)

Thanks,
Mark
Good work fella this is turning into a great plugin. Do you think there would be any way of playing a random selection of the music videos? I've started making a playlist of my favourite artists and sticking it on shuffle which works but it's taking some time to compile - was wondering if there's an easier way of maybe making a playlist for all content. I'm guessing that the links will eventually be deleted or moved so not sure whether to continue or not - any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: MTV Music plugin or script0