xbtweet updated
** You need an XBMC on Windows install just to do the 0Auth, after that you can use it on any other platform. **

I have updated Itay Weinberger's xbtweet script to work with dharma.

The script installs on xbmc windows just fine. If you want to use it on your ATV2 (and I guess this method will work for the Live version too) this method SHOULD work:

BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS: READ, READ and READ again.

1. FIRST Install xbmc on a windows machine
2. Install xbtweet v1.1 on the windows machine
3. Configure the script (enter twitter username)
4. Run the script (Programs > Addons > xbtweet)
5. Script will show popup, click OK
6. Browser will open, click allow, take note of pincode
7. Enter the pincode in the xbtweet popup, click ok
8. safe c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\resources\settings.cfg somewhere
9. Install xbtweet on your ATV2 (winscp the zipfile to /private/var/mobile and choose install from zipfile in XBMC)
10. Copy (use winscp) the settings.cfg from step 8 to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/xbtweet/resources
11. Configure xbtweet to use 0auth, user/pass is NO LONGER working
12. Tweet away

This is just a quick guide on how i got this script working on my ATV. I dont have the time or the python knowledge to provide any support. Use it at your own risk.

Updated ! Fixed autoexec.py issue, download 1.1.0a
xbtweet v1.1.0a (mediafire link)
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Hey there, looks like a nice add-on! Big Grin
Too bad I can't get it to work Rofl

Installed it in Windows, choose 0auth in the settings and filled in my username.
But I never get asked for the Twitter PIN number? Huh

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Fire69 Wrote:Hey there, looks like a nice add-on! Big Grin
Too bad I can't get it to work Rofl

Installed it in Windows, choose 0auth in the settings and filled in my username.
But I never get asked for the Twitter PIN number? Huh

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Did you get the popup ? Logging ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Glad u got it working. I'm going to try it out. Can yoy make a video of how to gwt it working maybe since you won't be giving long term support. That will help alot of people.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Nope, did not get a popup...

This is the only reference to the script I could find in the log:
13:30:23 T:9164 M:1163665408 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.xbtweet has been installed.'
Fire69 Wrote:Nope, did not get a popup...

This is the only reference to the script I could find in the log:
13:30:23 T:9164 M:1163665408 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.xbtweet has been installed.'

Then you didn't run the script, after configuring run the script from Programs > Addons, on firsttime run it will show the popup.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
How would this work on Live when it requires a web browser pop-up to authenticate and connect your Twitter account?

#fail
bmcclure937 Wrote:How would this work on Live when it requires a web browser pop-up to authenticate and connect your Twitter account?

#fail

That is the VERY reason I wrote this howto, so people like yourselfs would UNDERSTAND how to get this running on systems that do NOT have a browser.

HINT: READ the howto.

#ueberfail
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
The biggest fail...? Requiring a Windows machine to load it onto a Linux/Live install.

I personally avoid Windows, unless I am at work (where I am on a managed workstation).

Not trying to rain on your parade. But you need a Windows machine to get this to work, so don't act like every thing is candy and roses because your "guide" gets it working on XBMC Live. It is more of a hack than anything else. Rolleyes
piotr Wrote:Then you didn't run the script, after configuring run the script from Programs > Addons, on firsttime run it will show the popup.

Ah, I missed the fact that you have to start the script in the Program Add-ons. Sorry about that Smile
piotr Wrote:8. safe c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\resources\settings.cfg somewhere
9. Install xbtweet on your ATV2 (winscp the zipfile to /private/var/mobile and choose install from zipfile in XBMC)
10. Copy (use winscp) the settings.cfg from step 4 to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.xbtweet/resources

In step 10, do you mean settings.cfg from step 8 instead of 4?

And I don't have:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.xbtweet/resources
only:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/xbtweet/resources

Is that the correct one?
Or do I have to copy it under the userdata-folder? There I do have a script.xbtweet-folder.

It's working great in Windows, but I can't get it to run on the atv2, it's just not tweeting...
Fire69 Wrote:In step 10, do you mean settings.cfg from step 8 instead of 4?

And I don't have:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.xbtweet/resources
only:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/xbtweet/resources

Is that the correct one?
Or do I have to copy it under the userdata-folder? There I do have a script.xbtweet-folder.

It's working great in Windows, but I can't get it to run on the atv2, it's just not tweeting...

Did you download the latest zip ?

Path on the ATV = /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/xbtweet/resources/settings.cfg

Will correct that in the first post. Thanks.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
bmcclure937 Wrote:The biggest fail...? Requiring a Windows machine to load it onto a Linux/Live install.

I personally avoid Windows, unless I am at work (where I am on a managed workstation).

Not trying to rain on your parade. But you need a Windows machine to get this to work, so don't act like every thing is candy and roses because your "guide" gets it working on XBMC Live. It is more of a hack than anything else. Rolleyes

That's a one-time action. How bad can it be. And what is wrong with a "hack" to get things working ? I don't claim anything else. I Updated the script to work with dharma (for my own personal use) and wrote a small howto to explain how I got it working on iOs. I'm sorry you are on the "handicapped" elec platform and refuse to use windows to get it to work. But hey, you are the cool guy that doesn't do windows. L33T !

Now. Let's see your contribution.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:That's a one-time action. How bad can it be. And what is wrong with a "hack" to get things working ? I don't claim anything else. I Updated the script to work with dharma (for my own personal use) and wrote a small howto to explain how I got it working on iOs. I'm sorry you are on the "handicapped" elec platform and refuse to use windows to get it to work. But hey, you are the cool guy that doesn't do windows. L33T !

Now. Let's see your contribution.

I had an entire post like yours ready to send, but decided not to. Rofl
I agree with you, you spent your time for your personal use and decide to share for those interested in it.
If they find it too cumbersome to use, just don't use it... Rolleyes

On-topic:
I copied the settings.cfg to both folders, but still no-go.

I had the old version installed first, but then updated to the new one.
Can I check somewhere it I might still have the autoexec.py-issue?

When I start XBMC, I get "20:13:43 T:89477120 M:153382912 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.xbtweet has been installed." in the log-file.
Nothing else...
piotr Wrote:Now. Let's see your contribution.

Alright. Chill out... I did not mean to offend you. Honestly.

I understand you modified the script to help users and to allow this functionality in Dharma. I am not acting elitist by stating I do not regularly use Windows... I am simply pointing out that it is not possible for some people to follow these steps which require a Windows box.

It was just misleading to state that there was Linux/Live support but it required a Windows machine to prepare/hack.

I do appreciate your conversion for those who can take advantage of it. Hopefully there will be a native Linux/Live solution at some point.

Finally, everyone has their own way of contributing to the forums/community. And each person has their place in that process. No need to call OpenELEC inferior (since it is not, and it is running the same XBMC that each other platform is running). OpenELEC is essentially the same as a Live install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbtweet updated2