xbtweet updated
piotr Wrote:I'm sorry you are on the "handicapped" elec platform and refuse to use windows to get it to work. But hey, you are the cool guy that doesn't do windows. L33T !

Now. Let's see your contribution.

OK thats not a nice way to interact with one another...
Listen, bmcclure937 is a valuable user in here and he always talks with respect!
We expect the same for from everybody!!
We dont like any sorts of flaming arguments either...
Take a chill pill and move on....

-peace-
Guys, can we just get back ontopic please...
Fire69 Wrote:Guys, can we just get back ontopic please...

+1
This thing seems to be a bitch to configure actually. No
(in general, not talking about piotr's adaptation!)
It was running OK on Windows, but Twitter was down an hour ago.
The plugin couldn't authenticate, and asked me to get a new PIN.
Now I can't get it to work in Windows anymore AND it's still not working on the atv2... Sad

[edit]
Got it running in Windows again, no atv2 though...
Try removing entirely from your atv: uninstall from within xbmc, remove the xbtweet and script.xtweet folders. Reinstall the zip and copy the settings.cfg to the correct location. That's what I did in the trail&error process. Good luck !
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
I already did that Sad

Can you have a look in your log to see what is logged when you start xbmc?
Is there more then just the one line i get?

[edit]

WOEHOE, IT'S WORKING!!!

You're missing a last step in your how-to Smile
After you install it, set oauth, and copy the settings.cfg, you still have to go to the Programs add-ons and run xbtweet.
Then you get a message that it's started Smile
Fire69 Wrote:I already did that Sad

Can you have a look in your log to see what is logged when you start xbmc?
Is there more then just the one line i get?

[edit]

WOEHOE, IT'S WORKING!!!

You're missing a last step in your how-to Smile
After you install it, set oauth, and copy the settings.cfg, you still have to go to the Programs add-ons and run xbtweet.
Then you get a message that it's started Smile

Or restart xbmc, xbtweet is in autoexec.py Smile Glad you got it working !
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:Or restart xbmc, xbtweet is in autoexec.py Smile Glad you got it working !

I restarted like a million times, it didn't do anything! Huh
Anyways, thanks a million! Big Grin

Btw, just noticed your name in the xbmc-log now that the script is running. Are you Dutch?

[edit]
I have this in my log now:
09:27:07 T:164933632 M: 96358400 NOTICE: 'File Autoexec.py is missing, creating file with autostart script'

Didn't have that before running the script through program addons Smile
Fire69 Wrote:I restarted like a million times, it didn't do anything! Huh
Anyways, thanks a million! Big Grin

Btw, just noticed your name in the xbmc-log now that the script is running. Are you Dutch?

That's correct. And you're from Belgium right ? Noticed your xbtweet tweets Smile
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:That's correct. And you're from Belgium right ? Noticed your xbtweet tweets Smile

Yep.
Are you spying on me? Rofl

Will your version of xbtweet work on the xbox-version also?
Fire69 Wrote:Yep.
Are you spying on me? Rofl

Will your version of xbtweet work on the xbox-version also?

Nope, have a tweetdeck column open with #xbtweet Smile This version won't work on anything pre-dharma, so xbox is a no. You could try the original version at http://code.google.com/p/xbtweet/
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Hey there, me again Laugh

I had to reinstall my pc due to a HD crash...
After installing the new XBMC 10.1, I tried installing xbtweet, but it refuses to run...

This is what I get in my XBMC log:

Code:
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477435392  NOTICE: '----------- xbtweet by Itay Weinberger, modified by Peter Wieringa, version 1.1.0 -----------'
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477566464   ERROR: Error Type: ConfigParser.NoOptionError
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477566464   ERROR: Error Contents: No option 'key' in section: 'Twitter Account'
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477541888   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\id083589a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\default.py", line 299, in ?
                                                api, auth = Twitter_Login()
                                              File "C:\Users\id083589a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\resources\lib\twitter_wrapper.py", line 55, in Twitter_Login
                                                twitter_key = config.get('Twitter Account', 'key')
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\ConfigParser.py", line 302, in get
                                                raise NoOptionError(option, section)
                                            NoOptionError: No option 'key' in section: 'Twitter Account'

I installed xbtweet, copied the settings.cfg (I made a backup before the reinstall) and ran xbtweet from the program addons.
All I get is 'error: script failed! xbtweet' Sad

Is this because of the new 10.1 or am I doing something wrong? Huh
Fire69 Wrote:Hey there, me again Laugh

I had to reinstall my pc due to a HD crash...
After installing the new XBMC 10.1, I tried installing xbtweet, but it refuses to run...

This is what I get in my XBMC log:

Code:
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477435392  NOTICE: '----------- xbtweet by Itay Weinberger, modified by Peter Wieringa, version 1.1.0 -----------'
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477566464   ERROR: Error Type: ConfigParser.NoOptionError
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477566464   ERROR: Error Contents: No option 'key' in section: 'Twitter Account'
21:03:44 T:8076 M:1477541888   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\id083589a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\default.py", line 299, in ?
                                                api, auth = Twitter_Login()
                                              File "C:\Users\id083589a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\resources\lib\twitter_wrapper.py", line 55, in Twitter_Login
                                                twitter_key = config.get('Twitter Account', 'key')
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\ConfigParser.py", line 302, in get
                                                raise NoOptionError(option, section)
                                            NoOptionError: No option 'key' in section: 'Twitter Account'

I installed xbtweet, copied the settings.cfg (I made a backup before the reinstall) and ran xbtweet from the program addons.
All I get is 'error: script failed! xbtweet' Sad

Is this because of the new 10.1 or am I doing something wrong? Huh

My guess is that you copied settings.cfg to the wrong location.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
I put it under C:\Users\id083589a\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbtweet\resources

That's the correct location, right?

Did you upgrade to the 10.1-version already?
Don't know what you are doing but this thread was just meant to present a workaround to run this script on AppleTV. For that you just need the settings.cfg on your ATV.

If you want to use this on windows: i don't know. I would start with a fresh install. Remove everything that has to do with xbtweet and edit autoexec.py to remove the xbtweet entry. Reinstall addon from zip.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbtweet updated2