media player and xbmc
Question 
Hi there,

I recently bought a gt 430 graphics card as I have a pc in my living room, to use as a htpc.

1. im using 9.11 xbmc
2. windows 7 32bit ultimate version 6.1 build 7600
intel pentium d 3gig.
4. 2 gig ram
5.palit gt 430 1gig
6.on board sound (asusp5ke
8. xbmx aeon skin
9.When I watch an avi, in media player, it works fine. when I watch it in xbmc, it lags, and loses loads of frames.

when I watch a 1080p film in mediaplyer, it plays ok, but occassionaly it will lag for half a second dropping frames, and sometimes will drop audio too. its unwatchable in xbmc. a/v well out of sync, and the frames play about 2 per second or sometihng...
10. FULL Debug LogI couldn't get this to work, -p didn't start in portable mode, and my user folder didn't have an appdata folder in itHuh
11. MediaInfo output ( goggle mediainfo for where to obtain it for your platform)

sorry for such a small amount of info, but if you could help that would be great
Start by getting on the most recent version of XBMC:

http://xbmc.org/download/
The Pentium D isn't the fastest of processors, though I must admit I'm a bit surprised it has problems playing 1080p. Anyhow, your best option is to upgrade to the current version of XBMC, v10 Dharma, as that can use the processor on the video card to decode the video. This mean 1080p will play even with an Intel Atom processor.

After installing v10 you need to enable the acceleration in System settings, Video, Playback, Allow hardware acceleration.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The Pentium D isn't the fastest of processors, though I must admit I'm a bit surprised it has problems playing 1080p. Anyhow, your best option is to upgrade to the current version of XBMC, v10 Dharma, as that can use the processor on the video card to decode the video. This mean 1080p will play even with an Intel Atom processor.

After installing v10 you need to enable the acceleration in System settings, Video, Playback, Allow hardware acceleration.

JR

I upgraded to version 10, thanks blacklist, and JR turning on hardware acceleration, wow that made the world of difference thanks.

normal video's seem to play fine now, and the 1080 p films play almost perfectly...

almost...

My pc has dual monitor out, hdmi, and digital.

digital goes to my pc monitor 24" dell, it looks perfect.

through hdmi, on my LG lh 5000 "42 lcd tv, it looks perfect, although it looks like there is a box of pixels that has shifted slightly to the right. (see close to the eyes - I did this on paint by the way. best representation I could do)

see link below.

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/ld1080p.jpg/

I attached the log too if this means anything to anyone...

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/571296/

thanks again Smile
Hmm, does it do this in all videos, and does the defect move around or is it always in the same place?

JR
okay, it seems my tv was set to 14:9 which for some reason was scanning at 1920 : 1044

not the full 1080, which was causing it to go "weird"

I can't do them both at 1080 for some reason, so have my monitor at the downscaled version now, and the tv is fine.

thanks for the help guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
media player and xbmc0