[All] Notification Time
Sad 
Hi @ all ;-)

I use a WMC based IR Control to remote my XBMC [LIVE]. My personal problem was that my AV-Receiver Vol+ and Vol- are mapped to XBMC's "play" and "rewind". And anytime I changed the volume my playback paused or rewinds... So I mapped these in the keyboard.xml to so called 'Notifications'.

My Problem is solved, but I recognized that the 'display time' of the notification will be added to the actual 'display time' each time the signal is triggered (when I hold Vol+ or Vol-).

I think this can be solved by a simple "if -> else" which sets the display time to "0" if its ">0" when triggered and adds the notification time after clearing the actual timecount, cause its quite annoying if I change the volume in big steps the notification is displayed a long long time...

It would be great if s.o. would have a look at it, cause I dont think it would take a big ammount of time to fix that issue.

I hope I could explain my problem - I'm from Germany... not the best english! Confused
Why don't you just delete this mapping in keyboard.xml if you don't want it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Why don't you just delete this mapping in keyboard.xml if you don't want it?

I would have to delete the mappings in the system file and additionally in my user file, cause if I only delete the user mapping XBMC would automatically use the system defaults... It's no problem for me to fix that issue for myself, but I think its no big job to fix that in the source so no one has to do the quick&dirty version cause we fixed it...

A bug should be solved - in my opinion...

edit:
...and I didn't mention that I like this notification - but not for this long ammount of time ;-/
1. no offense ment by my comment
2. not sure if it is a bug (if multiple notifications are queued they have to be shown to the user one after each other. I think what you experience is the case for one and the same notification which just gets queued up).
3. Egal obs schwierig ist oder nicht - sowie jemand die worte "not a big job" oder "so easy to do - why don't you lazy devs get your ass up and work" benutzt sage ich ganz gern einmal "patches (without regressions!) are welcome" Big Grin
4. Use the action "noop" for the mappings you want to do nothing instead of using a notification. (noop stands for no operation - "mache nix")
5. Wiki isn't up to date with the possible actions to be mapped
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok... I never had a doubt that developing for free open source projects isn't like "no problem we patch that in the next release"... I'm also doing a little dev by myself for my projects - so I know not everyone wants to spend his evenings in developing... If I get it patched by myself I'll only share the patch, cause I'm not so familar with compiling XBMC.

But this is senseless until anyone patches this into an actual build and compiles it...

Thanx anyway - and if you have the opinion to report this issue (and you're right that this isn't a global problem but triggering the same notification) I would be glad cause I have no access to any bug reporting. Eek
Memphiz Wrote:5. Wiki isn't up to date with the possible actions to be mapped
maybe you can PM a listing of all commands that can be used in keyboard.xml if you have something like that... would be great!!
only whats in the code:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...or.cpp#L33

Shouldn't action "noop" do the right thing for you? I still don't think its a bug. You mapped volumeup button to show a notification. Now you push that button 100 times. Its ok to me that the notification appears 100 times now (it just doesn't disappear between the triggers).

So imho the approach of triggering the notification here is the real bug. And if action "noop" doesn't work - then THATS a bug Smile
You're nearly right, but if - and that's my thought - I'd like to have a notification on screen when I press Vol+/- to remote my AV-Receiver, there's no chance to reach the goal in a normal way...

But that's why this a "Feature Suggestion" in my eyes ;-)

Otherwise you're right that 'noop' does the job - but surely not what I expected

I'll have a look at the code when I have the time to...

Cheers,

Danny
Memphiz Wrote:only whats in the code:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...or.cpp#L33

Thanx for the link - nice to know where I find the sources...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[All] Notification Time0