[LINUX] Making my remote work with lirc, not pretend to be a keyboard
I have an Antec Fusion Remote case which comes with a remote control (RM200) and a SoundGraph iMON-based receiver (USB device ID 15c2:0038). I am currently running Ubuntu Server 10.10 and XBMC 10.0.

When I initially set this up, I used lirc and created a custom Lircmap.xml file and everything worked just fine. Somewhere along the way my remote stopped working with lirc and sends keypresses instead. I have confirmed this by uninstalling lirc, rebooting and using the remote with XBMC. The problem is that the number keys no longer work this way. I suspect this happened with the upgrade to XBMC 10.0 but I'm not 100% sure.

Is there a way to revert to the old behaviour of using lirc, instead of having the remote pretend to be a keyboard?
Please use search to find your remote configuration guide. It has been discussed more than once in these forums.

For more information, click here.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
check you userdata folder and see if there is a Lircmap.xml there or in the keymap folder within userdata. If not, then hopefully you have a copy, if not you should be able to find on here in the forums, and install that in your userdata folder. If XBMC finds a Lircmap.xml file there, XBMC uses that file as the default.

I believe this to be true, you can try it. Also, Ubuntu Maverick has a built in lirc for mceusb. I had to blacklist mceusb prior to installing lirc since I was having conflicts with keystrokes. Also, I think there is an option for the remote to send keystrokes in the system setup, might want to check that also.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Making my remote work with lirc, not pretend to be a keyboard0