Choppy video with my Dell 745 for 1080p mkv
Question 
I am pretty familar with XBMC, but I am not a hard core user. I recently was given a Dell Optiplex 745 (dual core) with 2 Gb of Ram. I added an ATI Radeon 4350 HD video card. I am running Windows 7 32bit. I can not seem to get XBMC to play 1080p .mkv files. They run very choppy to the point that they are unwatchable. When I run the same file with MPC which came with my install of the K-Lite codecs, it's near flawless. I know this is not a powerhouse machine, but I feel it should perform better. Is there some settings or something I am missing?
Did you enable DXVA2 in the Video settings?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:Did you enable DXVA2 in the Video settings?

i.e. System settings, Video, Playback, Enable hardware acceleration.

JR
Big Grin 
I figured out the problem. I never installed the ATI drivers. I had the ATI drivers provided by windows during install. After I did that, it plays great. I get a slight hesitation every once in a while, but that is fine with me. Thanks for your help.
jhsrennie Wrote:i.e. System settings, Video, Playback, Enable hardware acceleration.

JR

Huh I dont see this option ? Has it been removed in the nightlies ?
Chubster Wrote:Huh I dont see this option ? Has it been removed in the nightlies ?

You're using Windows XP and I claim my £5!

Windows XP and earlier versions of Windows don't support the DXVA2 interface required by XBMC, and XBMC detects this and hides the option.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You're using Windows XP and I claim my £5!

Windows XP and earlier versions of Windows don't support the DXVA2 interface required by XBMC, and XBMC detects this and hides the option.

JR

Bugger.....Oo Its in the post !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video with my Dell 745 for 1080p mkv0