Recordings with latest git
Hello, am not sure if anyone who codes VNSI is reading the xbmc forum. The latest git of xbmc-pvr puts all the recordings in one big long list.

However, the epgsearch plugin (which is used for series linking etc) records shows into subdirectories and changes the name of the recording to the title of the episode or the date and time (if title is not in the epg).

On the antiquated git xbmc this works as recordings are in their subdirectories (as in VDR), however the flat list means I now see 10 recordings just called Pilot. I have no way of knowing what the actual name of the TV show is. Is there a way the name of the show can be fed by VNSI back into XBMC to say:

No Ordinary Family-Pilot (Date/Time)

Instead of just Pilot.

The name is no longer in the filename, but can be found in the info file under T:

Code:
more /video/No_Ordinary_Family/Pilot/2010-10-01.19.58.908-0.rec/info
C A-0-519-3 908-WTVODT (WTVO-DT)-ABC Affiliate-qam
E 3075 1285981200 3600 0 FF
T No Ordinary Family
S Pilot
D After surviving a plane crash, four family members discover new and unique superpo
wers.|Drama|TV-PG|Director David Semel|Actor Michael Chiklis|Actor Julie Benz|Actor
Romany Malco|Actor Autumn Reeser|Actor Kay Panabaker|Actor Jimmy Bennett|Actor Steph
en Collins|Writer Greg Berlanti|Writer Jon Harmon Feldman|Guest Tate Donovan|Guest C
hristina Chang|Guest Reggie Lee|Guest Tom Amandes|Guest Nathan Keyes|Guest Nadine Ni
cole Crocker|Guest Jamie Harris|Guest Gillian Jones|Guest Tom Deweir|Guest Karen-Eil
een Gordon|Guest Melanie Chartoff|Guest Wiley Pickett|Guest Sean Andrew|
G 10
R 10
X 2 05 eng
F 29.97002997
P 50
L 99

Here are some tab completion examples to show you a directory structure of No Ordinary Family on my setup:

Code:
rob@oac /usr/src/xbmc/fork-maindev/xbmc $ ls /video/No_Ordinary_Family/
No_Ordinary_Accident/ No_Ordinary_Powell/
No_Ordinary_Anniversary/ No_Ordinary_Proposal/
No_Ordinary_Brother/ No_Ordinary_Quake/
No_Ordinary_Detention/ No_Ordinary_Ring/
No_Ordinary_Double_Standard/ No_Ordinary_Sidekick/
No_Ordinary_Earthquake/ No_Ordinary_Vigilante/
No_Ordinary_Friends/ No_Ordinary_Visitors/
No_Ordinary_Marriage/ Pilot/
No_Ordinary_Mobster/
rob@oac /usr/src/xbmc/fork-maindev/xbmc $ ls /video/No_Ordinary_Family/Pilot/2010-10-01.19.58.908-0.rec/
00001.ts 00002.ts 00003.ts 00004.ts index info marks
rob@oac /usr/src/xbmc/fork-maindev/xbmc $ ls /video/No_Ordinary_Family/Pilot/2010-10-01.19.58.908-0.rec/
00001.ts 00002.ts 00003.ts 00004.ts index info marks

All my recordings are made this way, so I'm worried when the git goes live watching recordings with xbmc/vnsi with epgsearch will be unviable.

Thanks Rob
I am not sure if I get that right. It might be related to https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit...7787fccc12

This has removed useless user interaction for selecting a client. Perhaps it had also removed the folder structure for recordings.
Yup, that was when it all changed.

I can understand unifying the recordings list, but we need a way to find out the program name, or select sub recordings in VDR.
the recording data structures / interfaces will be refactored. I'll have a chat with the add-on developers soon to find out what the different backends need.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings with latest git0