New to XBMC... some questions!
Hey all,

I've been playing around with XBMC the last couple of weeks and I've tweaked it so much to the point where I'm almost 100% satisfied. However, there are a couple of things I couldn't figure out on my own so I'm asking for your help here Smile

I'm running a Windows Vista (64bit) HTPC setup, dual display (one computer monitor, 1 TV) through HDMI. Using UltraMon to automatically switch XBMC to second display (my TV).

1) When I move from my computer monitor screen to the TV (XBMC) screen, I do not see the mouse cursor. I have to click on the screen somewhere (which sometimes clicks on something I didn't want) in order to see and move the cursor. How do I fix this?

2) Is there any way I can watch live sports on this? I saw the ATDHE.net addon, but it got shut down Sad Any other alternatives?

3) As of now, when I open XBMC and UltraMon opens it on my TV, I have to go into the sound settings on my TV and switch the default sound from "Speakers" to "Digital Output". Is there any way to make this automatic whenever XBMC is open? (and viceversa.. automatic switch to speakers when XBMC is closed).

4) Along the lines of the above question. Is it possible to automatically end the "dual display" when I close XBMC? When I close XBMC, my computer still thinks there is another display, and so my mouse cursor is able to go off the screen which makes me lose the cursor sometimes.

5) If I change my skin from the default Confluence to something like Aeon, will any of my settings change? Or will it be exactly like it was before? I don't want to restart and do anything all over again :S

Any help is appreciated Smile Thanks everyone =D
1. Not sure. Sorry.

2. I would be interested in this as well, since it is the only thing keeping me from cancelling my cable!

3. Not sure, since I do not run XBMC on Windows (someone else will be able to help).

4. Do you have the second display attached but powered off? If so, your PC still sees the display and will allow you to move your cursor even if it is powered off.

5. Changing skin does not make you lose your configuration settings! This simply applies a different skin to the interface of XBMC.
Thank you for the help Smile I'll be changing my skin now lol.

Anyone else want to help out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC... some questions!0