Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
DirtyWackFunk Wrote:Can anyone tell me the command to uninstall this?

Now its getting really strange ...
find quote
dangerFlakes Offline
Any development on getting it to exit properly?

I had a kind of fail safe idea, can you redirect the exit function to run the uninstall command, so you can exit when you need to, and just reapply when you want it back?
find quote
DirtyWackFunk Offline
davilla Wrote:Yes, read this thread Smile Wait... Let me be your search bitch -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=738...stcount=11

Wow Davilla, my bad. I find it funny how offended people get when you ask something that you obviously overlooked when searching. Thanks for all of your dev (and search) work.
find quote
Stiffler Offline
DirtyWackFunk Wrote:Wow Davilla, my bad. I find it funny how offended people get when you ask something that you obviously overlooked when searching.

What you clearly don't appreciate is these guys field simliar already answered questions from litterately 100's of people just like yourself. Who if they'd just taken 1/10000 of the personal time the devs had spent developing in finding out the answers for themself wouldn't need to be babysat...

[Image: widget] Don't even think about my mother!
find quote
kreel Offline
Thumbs Up   
/nosarcasm
Just registered to thank the devs for putting up with all the constant repetitive noob questions, and still give us the time, to even bother answering the forums. Keep it upCool
find quote
patranus Offline
chuckkay Wrote:One big problem with this hack is you cant use Airplay.

Well, someone will just need to write an Airplay client for XBMC!
find quote
Piccirello Offline
To summarize, it appears that the only two issues with this are that Airplay is no longer accessible and you cannot shut off/sleep the Apple TV, correct? Thanks.
find quote
nmat Offline
Piccirello Wrote:To summarize, it appears that the only two issues with this are that Airplay is no longer accessible and you cannot shut off/sleep the Apple TV, correct? Thanks.

The whole frontrow is not acessible. So no iTunes sharing, apple trailers, netflix, etc. But yes, that's pretty much it.
find quote
digitalhoax Offline
YES! Thanks so much for this, great work. Exactly what I was thinking of when I started this post.

As I have it hooked up to only my Audio system, and use a WDTV Live for video playback, this is now the perfect XBMC hardware. With the crashing due to update notices fixed, and this autoboot hack, my wife will use the atv all day long now Big Grin

Thanks again!
find quote
rapalax Offline
How about an XBMC plugin to install de-install this package. Should do the trick and make everyone happy.

I would do it but I don't know python (and I'm lazy).
find quote
macke_h Offline
I guess one way to make booting into frontrow possible would be to extend the tomcool XBMC autoboot thinge with some simple boolean state variable saying whether to boot into XBMC or frontrow.

At autoboot into XBMC variable should be toggled so next boot (made upon XBMC exit) would be made into frontrow.

At boot into frontrow variable shall be toggled to make next boot to start XBMC.

Likely I'm missing any obvious drawbacks with such simple approach making it non useful but hopefully not. :-)
find quote
bircoe Offline
Maybe you should head over to the tomcool forums and suggest that.
find quote
rapalax Offline
I don't agree with macke_h's suggestion, but if you could manage the state easily from some UI (plugin?), it might be a good idea.

Right now I think the easiest soln would be to install/uninstall the pkg w/ a plugin.
find quote
Lada Offline
I remove the application by typing:
apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

I can see with dpkg -l that it is not here anymore, but when I reboot the ATV2 (4.3 with Tivo) it still boots on XBMC, I can't get anymore in FrontRow.

Is there something I missed?
(This post was last modified: 2011-05-30 14:07 by Lada.)
find quote
usera1365 Offline
How and where did you type this command to uninstallConfused?
find quote