• 3(current)
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.
davilla Wrote:[...]
How to install:

apt-get install org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

[...]
This package is still being propagated to the various repos so give it a few hours to get pushed up.

davilla, do we have to add a repo for this?
I keep getting the error that the package can't be found?
... did you
Code:
# apt-get update
before?
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
Yep Sad
The problem with this is that you cannot shutdown xbmc. It just reboots straight back into xbmc. This means your ATV2 will never go to sleep. Can this be addressed somehow?
I must admit I'd not apreciated that fact myself. Think I may be uninstalling it as I'd like to be able to turn the bright light off (one of my ATV2's is in my bedroom)
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Stiffler Wrote:I was under the impression that XBMC resets the sleep timer to 'Never' at boot, but once it successfully closes it returns to the previous setting. The problem being that if XBMC crashes or does not shut down cleanly the setting is left at "Never"

I have run into this issue as well a number of times, and it concerns me more than most probably because I have an older plasma that develops burn-in rather quickly. I have kids and such so I'm not always there when it crashes...

While it probably won't get done due to other more pressing concerns (understandably), it occurred to me that the only way to really "fix" this issue is to somehow store a permanent value for the sleep timer (and maybe the screen saver timer as well) for frontrow in xbmc.

Granted, immediately after a crash the settings will be set to "Never", but if those settings were somehow stored in xbmc (instead of read on startup) simply restarting xbmc and exiting would restore them, as opposed to having to go reset them in frontrow again. Of course doing it this way would effectively override the frontrow settings everytime xbmc was launched, but it seems to me to be a lesser of two evils kind of thing...

I would personally be happy with having advancedsettings.xml option(s) for this. I would even do a patch myself if I could, but I don't know where to begin to actual setup a test and build environment for it as I have only done xbmc development in VS. The patch would be very tiny, just check for an advancedsettings.xml variable for the sleep time (and maybe screensaver timeout too) and use it instead of the one read at startup if it exists.
hey davilla,

On the old atv(white) the automatic boot to xbmc hack would disable loading of custom IR remote buttons.

I see from your recent commits to the xbmc trunk the custom IR remote buttons are working now for ATV2 (and hopefully will make it into 10.0.0.8)

Will xbmc-booter disable loading custom remote buttons? assuming I set them in frontrow before the booter hack is installed.
@galvanash, all these settings are stored in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.frontrow.plist
perhaps it is possible to make it read only for frontrow or to chown it or whatever. i did not test it myself, its just an idea.
but i know your problem as well, you can reproduce it if you just go into xbmc, then ssh in and do "reboot". your sleep settings will always be set to "never" when the atv comes up again.
Thinking about it, if this plugin just makes xbmc reboot when you shutdown xbmc, then you may as well leave the atv2 on all of the time with xbmc loaded. That way you can always jump back to lowtide. Unless this reboot can be resolved?
One big problem with this hack is you cant use Airplay.

Without this hack installed, if you sent a video to ATV2 using airplay xbmc would quit to frontrow and the video would play.

Now xbmc just restarts!!!!

Any way to fix this
chuckkay Wrote:One big problem with this hack is you cant use Airplay.

Without this hack installed, if you sent a video to ATV2 using airplay xbmc would quit to frontrow and the video would play.

Now xbmc just restarts!!!!

Any way to fix this

Bump, anyone?
Well, you can never get back to front row menu because xbmc auto-starts everytime you exit. So if you install this, you won't have airplay anymore.
Great news!! The one I was looking for. Bye bye frontrow!
Can anyone tell me the command to uninstall this?
DirtyWackFunk Wrote:Can anyone tell me the command to uninstall this?

Yes, read this thread Smile Wait... Let me be your search bitch -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=738...stcount=11
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.1