User/pwd entries for MythTV PVR Addon?
I have successfully downloaded och compiled the latest SVN of the MythTV PVR Addon. I have granted access to the Myth database to user/pwd xbmc/xbmc. But I can't see where I should enter the user and pwd in the addon. There is just a field for the hostname/IP. I checked settings.xml under ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv but no hints.

Is there a default user/pwd that should be used?
freddan101 Wrote:I have successfully downloaded och compiled the latest SVN of the MythTV PVR Addon. I have granted access to the Myth database to user/pwd xbmc/xbmc. But I can't see where I should enter the user and pwd in the addon. There is just a field for the hostname/IP. I checked settings.xml under ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv but no hints.

Is there a default user/pwd that should be used?

same problemSad
Its the sql password for your mythtv installation:

you can find this by going in to the options of mythfrontend orfrom the sql.conf file on the mythtv folder or etc folder.
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:Its the sql password for your mythtv installation:

you can find this by going in to the options of mythfrontend orfrom the sql.conf file on the mythtv folder or etc folder.
I got the Mythtv password but can't find where to enter it for the MythTV PVR addon?
The password entry is in the pvr addon.

System ->Addons -> Installed addons -> PVR -> Mythtv -> configure

Have you allowed access to the mythbackend?

in the general section of the myth setup there is a password, to allow remote connections. I think it needs to be set as 0000 to allow any access.

you could try that?

I cant access my set up at the moment and i am struggling to remember what i had to do to get it working.

I hope this helps,

Dubstar_04
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:The password entry is in the pvr addon.

System ->Addons -> Installed addons -> PVR -> Mythtv -> configure
but there is just a field for the hostname/IP
radziojedi Wrote:but there is just a field for the hostname/IP

Are you building the pvr testing?

You should be using dteirneys git.
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:Are you building the pvr testing?
Yes
dubstar_04 Wrote:You should be using dteirneys git.
Hmm... I've never heard of this. Can you put a full link? Thank you
Here you go:

https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/tree/pvr

not sure what you're using to check it out, but make sure that you are on the pvr branch of dteirney's fork. The myth plugin doesn't currently work on Dushmaniac's fork... I think he disabled it due to it messing with his build....

Jim
Everything is ok now. Really thank you.
Jimmer Wrote:Here you go:

https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/tree/pvr

not sure what you're using to check it out, but make sure that you are on the pvr branch of dteirney's fork. The myth plugin doesn't currently work on Dushmaniac's fork... I think he disabled it due to it messing with his build....

Jim
Ah, maybe I built with the wrong source. Not strange I didn't find where to enter user/pwd. Smile Just had a disk crash so I will test the PVR branch again when I'm up to speed.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User/pwd entries for MythTV PVR Addon?0