[RELEASE] 'Move TV Shows' Add-On Script.
This XBMC AddOn can be used for moving your transcoded/backed up tv show episodes to your Fileserver/NAS and then scanning them into the Video Library.

You simply set the Source location, and Destination location(s) in the AddOn options, and whether or not you want the Source file deleted after the file has been copied to the Destination. Optionally, you can enable the Video Library to be updated aswell.

Take the following example:

C:\Temp (the source dir) contains files with the following filenames, acquired from dvd backup or similar..

Battlestar.Galactica.S02E01.hdtv-lol.avi
Battlestar.Galactica.2x04.avi
Battlestar.Galactica.207.avi
Battlestar.Galactica.[02x10].avi

The matching uses the same regexp that XBMC uses when searching/adding to the Video Library.

You have a Fileserver/NAS to store your media for XBMC, for example C:\XBMCMedia\TVShows\ (the destination dir)

When you run this script, it will search the source dir (C:\Temp) for tv shows, and will then look at the destination dir (C:\XBMCMedia\TVShows\) for a suitable destination dir (in this case C:\XBMCMedia\TVShows\Battlestar Galactica\Season 2\). If a suitable destination dir is found, the files are copied there (and optionally deleted from the source). The file copy only takes place if the file doesn't already exist in the destination dir (they are checked with a hash to ensure the file is completely copied). Once all this is complete, the video library is (optionally, of course, check the add-on settings) updated to show the new files in XBMC.

Please note, the following dir structures are supported: ShowName/Season 1, or ShowName/Season 01, etc.

Now, here comes the disclaimer, and please, take note of this!

ALTHOUGH ALL DUE CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN WHILE WRITING THIS SCRIPT, I *WILL NOT* BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF IT DELETES YOUR FILES, EATS YOU LUNCH, KILLS YOUR DOG ETC!

It has had limited testing on Dharma, and Post-Dharma installs, and appears to work without issue, but, as stated above, i don't care if it doesn't work for you.

I will, to some extent, answer questions. I WILL NOT monitor this forum post constantly. I have my own stuff to do, and my own media to watch.

Well, thats it… have at it!

Current version: here
Git Repository: here

Thanks,
wishie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 'Move TV Shows' Add-On Script.0