Debugging ffmpeg in linux?
Wondering if someone could confirm a few details about compiling and debugging under Linux. I'm trying to find a way to debug the ffmpeg code in particular.

I know you can compile XBMC in KDevelop, which gives me a GUI for compiling and more importantly for debugging (command prompt debugging with gdb just doesn't sound like fun Smile ). I'm wondering though if compiling under linux also compiles the ffmpeg source code, or is it like in Windows, where the ffmpeg source code is compiled separately using MingW and linked to dynamically during run time, making debugging almost impossible.

If anyone ever debugged into the ffmpeg code using KDevelop I'd love to hear about it, but at least a better understanding of the compiling process under Linux would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
I think you can compile ffmpeg with debug enabled under linux and than compile xbmc with --exterior-ffmepg flag or something similar.
Might get you on the right track... dunno.

**EDIT**
The XBMC ./configure option is --enable-external-ffmpeg
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debugging ffmpeg in linux?0