Same Fanart and thumbnail loaded into every album/artist
Hi Guys,

I've looked through the many topics but im not sure if my specific problem has been raised.

What im trying to do.

THE BIG PICTURE

XBMC installed on a HTPC (Windows 7) with all my music, videos and photos etc - this will be in my Home Theater room connected to projector etc. The folders containg the media will be shared.

PC in lounge room connected to LED TV with XBMC installed on this PC
PC in billard room with XBMC with a touchscreen.

Various laptops and machines around the house with XBMC installed.

In a nutshell i have everything running perfectly on the HTPC and i want to replicate (artist bios, album reviews, fanart etc) to any computer around the house.

What i have done so far

XBMC loaded onto a HTPC (Windows 7)
Music folder shared
Did music export to multiple files with artwork and thumbnails

XBMC loaded onto a test laptop and was able to locate shared folders.
Scanned to library
Album thumbnails and album reviews loaded fine. But no fanart and artist thumbs loaded.

However (this is the weird thing)

same fanart of some unknown band is loaded onto every page for every artist and album as a background.
And a single thumbnail is loaded for every artist.

I searched for all images and cannot find where this unknown band picture has come from.

Is there a way to remove the default fanart from xbmc and set a new or no fanart to my collection?

The reason why is because when i use the Night skin i like the jukebox setting with the oldskool jukebox image. But when i browse using the jukebox the unknown band picture comes up all the time.

One other question

I have a large collection of albums but i use the following naming conventions

Artist - Album Name

eg

Michael Jackson - Thriller
Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue

Also i have a folder called Backgrounds
With Music
Artist
Movies.etc

In those folders i have my fanart and background images. I did it that way because the guy in the youtube videos how to set up ur xbmc had folders set this way.

But reading forums i keep reading that you are meant to put fanart.jpg in your artist folder. But i do not have artist folders containing music i just have artist - albumname folders.

Ohh confusing.

Should i rename my large collection to Artist/Album format or is there a way to get the unknown band picture from my xbmc.

Thanks for your time.
I tried all sort of options before settling on ARTIST/ALBUM folder structure with fanart.jpg in ARTIST folders.

I would also advise you to make sure that all of your music files are tagged correctly including the Album Artist tag.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Same Fanart and thumbnail loaded into every album/artist0