[TRYOUT] External PHP script to load uitzendinggemist.nl in TV shows (Dutch!)
Hey all,

Let me start with a hats off to XOT-Uzg's dev Rieter. With his plugin, he inspired me to build up this. And I did take a look at his code from time to time (no code was copied!). But the XOT-Uzg addon has one major drawback for me. I really don't want to endlessly browse through menus when I'm lying on my couch watching TV shows. So I was looking for a way to add series on UZG to XBMC's built-in TV Show library.

The problem we encounter here, UZG implements some sort of protection against this. Althou I'm not sure if it's supposed to be security or it's just an inconvenience. It's very easy to crack, but obviously XBMC can't do it on it's own. So I needed a way to crack their security thingy and make XBMC play back my item.

Let's get to the point. This alpha script acts as a man in the middle. First off, it allows you to download a serie from UZG.nl. It provides you with a directory containg SxEx.strm files. The strm extension is an extension that can natively be read by XBMC. You can load those into XBMC as if they were .mkv, mp4, whatever.

The strm files contain a link refering back to this script, containing show and episode ID's. The script then retrieves a security token from UZG, and forwards XBMC to the "cracked" stream, which will then be picked up by XBMC.

I actually made this solely for home use. Therefore, the script's interface and flexibility suck. But I wanted to share this with you anyways, as people might be interested. Some known issues:

- It will dump lots of episodes it can't identify (Kinderen Geen Bezwaar for example dumps 124 of 176 episodes available)
- XBMC will shows UZG's URL as a title instead of the defined serie/episode title

Because this is development stuff, you will need several thiings:

- A PHP 5.2.0+ server with support for cURL
- A TheTVDB API code (you can get it at their forum)

Currently, I do not provide any support. Mainly because I am still developing. I'd like some feedback though. If you don't know how to set up a web server, please use google. It's easy. And I think it will work with something like XAMP or EasyPHP as well, as long as it supports cURL.

Anyways, here is the script. There are some variables you need to define in the script, right below the copyright/thanksto/howto/comment-thingy. Just host it, add the API key (I don't know if I can publish my API key without any problems? Anyone got a clue on their terms?) and visit it from a browser. Completing it, it will have created a folder TVShows/YourShowName in the directory where the script is in. You might have to create the TVShows/ folder manually.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/79125606/file.html

Please let me know what you think! If people are interested I'll develop this further. Smile

- MartijnGP

Edit: I know it's not Python Tongue But since there was no external script section, this forum seems to be the most appropiate. And I might even make this a Python-based server when I'm really, really bored!
Edit2: Whaa, there is! Any chance this topic can be moved by a mod? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TRYOUT] External PHP script to load uitzendinggemist.nl in TV shows (Dutch!)0