When did the day/month get abbreviated?
Using the nightlies has resulting in my day getting shorter, why?

Previously - Saturday, 26 February 2011

Now - Sat, 26 Feb 2011

I don't like it and want the full date back. Wink
Yep I'm also with Hitcher on this - I think the full date looks more elegant I guess. Or could we have a skinning option to choose the old way please?
I highly prefer the new way. Although I proposed to make time and date notation more flexible and consistent.
This thread reminded me I had to reply on a ticket I submitted: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4716#comment:2
Going by jmarshall's earlier reply the plan is to have short and long formats.
Yeah, first thing I did was check the International settings to see if there was now an option to use full or short dates but it's still only 12 or 24 hour.
I hate to do this - but - bump.

Any idea it this will be optional if is this going to be the new format from here on out? I'd hate to go and start making adjustments to have it revert back.

Thanks,
-stoli-
It'd be useful if we had some idea of when it changed - I'll see if I can find out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, tracked it down - it was r35452-r35454 that added support for short names and changed the default behaviour.

Will see whether that is a valid thing to do or whether it should be long by default.

EDIT: here's the ticket that changed it: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8927

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the update Jonathan.
-stoli-
For the current skin I'm working on it's actually better shorter so if this could be controlled by the skin somehow that would be great.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When did the day/month get abbreviated?0