Slight Tearing w/ i3-540
All,

I have an i3-540 and using the default player in XBMC.

When my 1080p MKVs start playing, there is slight horizontal tearing (very noticeable on WB's opening logos).

I have DXVA2 acceleration DISABLED, as it causes green blotches and makes the video not even watchable.

Thoughts?

Oh - everything is HDMI to my projector.
Have you turned on vsync ?

Settings > System > Video Output, Vertical Blank Sync
Yep, I did. Still happens. Just tried with it disabled and it is still apparent.

Also, thinking about picking up a GeForce GT 430. Would this solve the problem?
Have you checked in your GPU control panel how its set you normally have an option that allows it to be application controled or set to always enabled

Its a good idea to restart xbmc when you change from within xbmc
>>X<<' Wrote:Have you checked in your GPU control panel how its set you normally have an option that allows it to be application controled or set to always enabled

Its a good idea to restart xbmc when you change from within xbmc

Tried it again, and while enabling it helped, it still hasn't completely fixed the issue.
Do you have Aero enabled....make sure its on.
Aero is enabled... I went ahead and bought the GT 430. I always heard the i3-540 had enough "umph" to process 1080p MKVs... guess not.
All,

Just installed a GT 430 and have enabled vertical sync and DXVA2, and STILL get the tearing. Thoughts?
Have you tried toggling the 'fake fullscreen' option under the video settings?
Mallet21 Wrote:Have you tried toggling the 'fake fullscreen' option under the video settings?

That seemed to fix it... So strange.
So was you using a full screen window instead of true full screen ?
>>X<<' Wrote:So was you using a full screen window instead of true full screen ?

I guess I was... never noticed a change. Could I have gone without the gt 430?
I have tearing issues, using the fake full screen makes the issue worse. Why does Aero need to be enabled? I have it disabled wouldn't that be better?
Jamhandman Wrote:Why does Aero need to be enabled? I have it disabled wouldn't that be better?

Something to do with 2D desktop acceleration. I wish v-sync worked properly in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slight Tearing w/ i3-5400