[Apple TV 2] Hulu Desktop via VNC, Launcher, anything!?
Hello,

I am new to XBMC and I am not a programmer in any significant manner. I am however relatively competent at following directions when it comes to hacks and I like to play around with technology.

I just jailbroke my 2nd gen Apple TV and installed XBMC. Right now I'm using bluecop's repo to access Hulu content and its working fine...well slow and somewhat buggy...but well enough. I would really like to use Hulu Desktop, however (without physically connecting my laptop to the TV of course).

I have tried using Launcher to launch the Hulu Desktop executable file, but all that happens is a quick flash on the screen, then back to the Launcher menu. I also tried Advanced Launcher, but I cannot even select it without getting an error message saying "Script Failed! addon.py" in the bottom right.

Then I searched for hours to find some sort of VNC/remote desktop viewer for ATV2, to no avail. I also looked at getting my Windows Media Center to display on the ATV2 with Hulu Desktop integrated...couldn't find anything there either.

I guess my question then is is there ANY way to get Hulu Desktop displayed on my TV screen via the Apple TV? I don't care where the program itself is running, I just want the UI on the screen without a physical connection.

I have a Dell Studio 15 running Windows 7 with an Intel Core i7 processor. I also have an Ubuntu machine if that works better, but I would prefer to use my Windows machine. Thanks!
You can't run hulu desktop on the ATV2. iOS is not compatible with desktop applications for Windows or Mac OS X. What you might be able to do is use AirPlay from your computer/laptop to wirelessly play on to the ATV2. However, that is not an XBMC specific issue. Search around google and see if anyone has gotten the desktop hulu to play over AirPlay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2] Hulu Desktop via VNC, Launcher, anything!?0